Campaigns AARs

Frank Hunter's Campaigns on the Danube is an operational study of the campaigns along the Danube in 1805 and 1809. Campaigns on the Danube's system focuses on trying to present the player with the same sort of decisions placed on their historical counterparts; how to feed an army and move that army according to a plan, all the while trying to fight a campaign. There is also an option to allow players to play out the battles with miniatures and input the results.
Rasputitsa

Campaigns AARs

Post by Rasputitsa »

I had two AARs running, but at the beginning of the year had some family medical problems and then a series of 'Windows 10' crashes, finally ending with non functioning mouse and keyboard inputs and unable to access the computer to try and fix the problem.
None of the recovery, restore, or troubleshooting options worked (never has a Microsoft trouble-shooter ever fixed a problem).

I finally gave up and returned to factory settings, to get the computer working again and face trying to get the system and games back to where they were, lots of installs, updates and mods to go through.

I have back-ups of most things and have reinstalled CotD, with Chemkids mods and was anxious to get back to the AARs, but now the gamesaves I backed-up will not run in the new installation.

So I haven't given up on the AARs, but I may have to restart the Austrian AAR, unless I can find what is blocking the original game saves.

My feelings on computers and Microsoft in particular are unprintable, but hopefully back on track soon.
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Zap

RE: Campaigns AARs

Post by Zap »

[:)] unprintable
Recognition

Post by Recognition »

Rasputitsa

I always enjoyed your AAR`s Rasputitsa, added to a wonderful game.

Hope you can get the PC sorted out ok.

PS . I`m still on Win 8.1, and happy I can run all my ( older ) games. I don`t fancy Win 10 at all. I don`t think its worth the risk Imho.

https://twitter.com/WW1IEPER1917 INTEL i9-9900K @3600Ghz 3.60 GHz 48GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: Rush
Rasputitsa

PS . I`m still on Win 8.1, and happy I can run all my ( older ) games. I don`t fancy Win 10 at all. I don`t think its worth the risk Imho.

I have gone with 'Windows 10', because like it or not this is where Microsoft is headed. It has not been a pleasant experience and amazing in the 21st Century that a major tech company cannot do better than this.
However, I had been running all my games in Windows 10, including some of the old DOS games and I expect to get them all loaded again, eventually.
I have resolved the issue with the game saves and have salvaged the v3.04 AAR, hoping to get started again soon. House decorating at the moment, real life keeps getting in the way.[;)]

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

Recognition

Post by Recognition »

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa

ORIGINAL: Rush
Rasputitsa

I have gone with 'Windows 10', because like it or not this is where Microsoft is headed. It has not been a pleasant experience and amazing in the 21st Century that a major tech company cannot do better than this.
However, I had been running all my games in Windows 10, including some of the old DOS games and I expect to get them all loaded again, eventually.
I have resolved the issue with the game saves and have salvaged the v3.04 AAR, hoping to get started again soon. House decorating at the moment, real life keeps getting in the way.[;)]

"Real life keeps getting in the way.[;)].......Lol[:D]

Good to hear you are making progress with the new setup [:)]

https://twitter.com/WW1IEPER1917 INTEL i9-9900K @3600Ghz 3.60 GHz 48GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

I have started to post more turns in the v3.04 AAR, just got started again and more will follow. This campaign has barely begun, but in just the few turns I have done, this has become a cliff hanger.[:)]

See post #14 for the continuation of Turn 8, it's a little slow because of the time to write it all up.

Return to “Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809”