Leader promotion

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

ringerthrawn

Leader promotion

Post by ringerthrawn »

Two questions:

1) Why did the devs include 2 x Spruance in the full campaign? I see two of them when I go to select a CVTF leader.

2) Can leaders be promoted? I have seen pilots receive promotions after achieving numerous kills, but what about Captains/Admirals/Generals? I have played several games over the years, but I have not noticed any leader progression and every more important any change in leader skill levels (AGR, AIR, etc.).

Comments?
BillBrown

RE: Leader promotion

Post by BillBrown »

Strange. Because of limitations to the game engine, one of the two is supposed to be a TF leader and the other a HQ leader. You shouldn't be able to see both at one time.

Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

Leader promotions (or ranks) have no impact on gameplay. It is just chrome
ringerthrawn

Post by ringerthrawn »

Question remains, can leaders have their attributes increase like pilots can?
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

The flying skills of pilots are trainable. Attributes are your personality and are not trainable, so no, they do not change to the best of my knowledge.
Ships and LCUs get better because of their experience factor.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

Leader promotions (or ranks) have no impact on gameplay. It is just chrome

Not entirely true.

Rank has an impact on which ships or TFs a commander can be placed in command of.

Also, these guys are never promoted. Pilots are, but that's just chrome as you say.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

The flying skills of pilots are trainable. Attributes are your personality and are not trainable, so no, they do not change to the best of my knowledge.
Ships and LCUs get better because of their experience factor.

Tracker tracks these things. The attributes of commanders can increase, but it is rare. A notification shows up on the Alerts panel when it happens.
ringerthrawn

Post by ringerthrawn »

Got to download this WITP Tracker item. Never heard of it before, but then again I don't normally peruse the forums. Been playing this game since it came out in its original form (WITP), and I had some random questions. Thanks guys.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

The forum is your friend and has a treasure trove of info if you're willing to do a little digging.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Return to “The War Room”