Dual monitor auto scrolling

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
JamesM

Dual monitor auto scrolling

Post by JamesM »

I have finally decided to start using a dual monitor system for my PC. But what I am finding is that if a game like WitW, WitE, etc is placed on say my left hand monitor I can auto scroll left with my mouse, however I can not auto scroll right with my mouse. I have to use the arrow keys to scroll right and visa versa if it is on the right hand screen.

Can anyone give me advice on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks for any advice.
GJK

RE: Dual monitor auto scrolling

Post by GJK »

I have the same and it will scroll but it requires a bit of a fine touch to find the "sweet spot" to activate the scrolling when going to the side where the monitor extends.

Typically, on the side where it doesn't extend,you can just throw your mouse all the way over to the side without a worry and it starts scrolling. If you do that on the extended monitor side however, you go to the extra screen (and the game minimizes and it's not pretty). But if you very slowly and carefully go to that side, you can get the scrolling to activate (usually) and once you've found how to hit that sweet spot it works ok for the most part (with the occasional over-shooting the mark).
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”