Efficient use of Construction Bn's

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Aditia

Efficient use of Construction Bn's

Post by Aditia »

Not sure if others have looked at this, but hopefully this useful for some:

I have been playing around with this and you can use Army HQs (including RHG HQs) to more quickly get redundancy in your rail network:

- Because of the reduced range these HQs can send Constr. Bn's, by moving them to areas where you want to build a loop, you get control of where the repair is taking place; as opposed to OKH/Army Groups that generally start from the border..
- This is a good reason to not disband RHG HQs (which I don't like anyway as it seems unhistoric and only gives a one time bump in manpower. Force preservation and smart TOE settings much more useful..
- Your Army HQs do not need to be at the front when the infantry is moving up or in some static area (they can command Corp HQs at huge ranges anyway. They need to be there when that army is about to conduct an assault or a defence. So when that is not happening, they can happily conduct rail repair!

How to do it:

- I only see Army HQs generally dispatch 2 Bn's so put/leave 3 in there
- I see RHG HQs dispatch 3 Bn's, so leave 4 or 5 in there.
- Put the rest in OKH/Army Groups. I also believe that the later you put those in, you can also prevent the new additions from just repairing from the border.
- Why the redundant numbers? I don't see it in the manual or have any way to make sure, but it looks like if partisan attacks take place in range of the HQ, repair of the demolished rail line can take place during the logistics phase by a Bn of the HQ. If this is a lie, I'm sorry [8D] Maybe someone can confirm/deny (Question: which Constr. Bn's are the larger ones? As they can repair more damage)
- Look at your early rail network and move your HQs accordingly, I believe the range is 5 or 6 hexesbe aware that terrain, especially swamps, negatively influences the range your HQs can send Bn's
- When an Army HQ has deployed its Bn's, no need to move that HQ as that will only increase the chance that the Bn's get recalled and the repair stops and you thus lose a turn of repairing that sector.

Return to “The War Room”