Shakturi / Sluken Hypothesis?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

dereck

Shakturi / Sluken Hypothesis?

Post by dereck »

I'm very new to Distant Worlds and the Distant Worlds universe so I've never played the older version that may have had the Shakturi so I have a hypothesis based on my anti-insectoid (Sluken) leanings:

The insectoid races in this game are similar to certain varieties of grasshoppers who when they get overpopulated turn into locusts. I believe the insectoid races, when they get overpopulated, will turn into the Shakturi.

So, following my theory, I'm going to open an intergalctic version of 1-800-ORKIN, especially since I'm next to a Sluken empire.
PO2 US Navy (1980-1986);
USS Midway CV-41 (1981-1984)
Whidbey Island, WA (1984-1986)
Naval Reserve (1986-1992)
Cauldyth

RE: Shakturi / Sluken Hypothesis?

Post by Cauldyth »

All space bugs must die!
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

older version that may have had the Shakturi

You can play them now.

As far as bugs, it's been the norm in 4x games that insectoid races are bad. If you ever want to walk on the dark side, play the Gizurean.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

Hmm, well I'm not so sure that bug races in games are bad, I think they just behave like real insects. After all, have you ever had a roach politely knock on your door and as permission to take food out of your pantry? [:'(]
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Aeson

Post by Aeson »

You can play them now.
I think dereck means "had the Shakturi available as a playable species." You need a mod to enable the Shakturi as a playable species*, but not to have the Shakturi in the game.

*Well, I suppose that if you somehow end up with an empire whose population is predominantly Shakturi, you could argue that you're playing a Shakturi empire. Not exactly the same thing, though.
All space bugs must die!
Oh, they're all just so misunderstood; all they want is to enslave, slaughter, and consume your people. Is that really so bad?

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”