Planet taken by me are given to my ally instead

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Skywalker

Planet taken by me are given to my ally instead

Post by Skywalker »

Ditto.

A human empire asked me to help them fight Boskaran invasion. I joined the war, but every damn planet i conquer is immediately given to that damn empire. Boskaran took my colony, i took it back and again it was immediately given to that human empire. No they didn't rebel. Planet wasn't my even for half a second.

In same game another empire announced war to me. Aaaaand again - same bloody hell. Every planet i took from them was immediately given to my ally.

Even my troops are trapped on planet and popup info displayed as belonging to my ally's empire.

The hell kind of logic is that?
Bingeling

RE: Planet taken by me are given to my ally instead

Post by Bingeling »

What version of the game? Universe?

I assume you join an existing battle, and/or ship presence at the colony is that of your ally. I believe your troops should be magically transported to nearby transports, but maybe you don't have that?

It is an impossible situation for the software, if two ally's does both attack the same colony. Who is to get it? There is no correct answer.

Try to avoid "joint battles". And if you have them, try to keep a fleet on top of it.
Uncle Lumpy

Post by Uncle Lumpy »

Skywalker, please check out this discussion:

tm.asp?m=3852661&mpage=1&key=&#3852848

It may or may not help.

The second latest patch (as well as the last)was supposed to address this issue, and there is a valid point regarding taxation rates (of all things).

Cheers!
I once heard there was a garage, which some said was air tight.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

I think it comes down to who has the most troops (military power) on the planet at the end of the battle. That's the trade off with alliances, your friends might actually land a larger landing force than you do when 'helping' you with your invasion. I used to think landing first was the key, but after having it happen a number of times over several games, I'm leaning more toward the actual troop strength present.

Either way, I have found that issuing my fleet an order to blockade until it arrives then invading alleviates the problem, as your allies won't send their 'invasion help force' until you give the actual order to attack and land troops. By blockading first, your troops are already in orbit and in most cases you can conquer the planet before any allied fleets (and troops) can even arrive.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”