Upgrading Units in my TOE

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

vapormist2000

Upgrading Units in my TOE

Post by vapormist2000 »

I have my TOE set up with my different force composition. However, after I research the next level, say Bazooka II, how do I change my TOE template to now include Bazooka II?
ernieschwitz

RE: Upgrading Units in my TOE

Post by ernieschwitz »

If the TO&E programming is set up correctly. That is to make Bazooka I and II the same reinforcement type, then you will need to do nothing. As they are considered interchangable, and will flow to your units replacing the old, or being put there if missing.

If the TO&E programmming is not set up correctly, or rather differently, then you will have Bazooka II available as a unit type, you can use in your TO&E.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
vapormist2000

Post by vapormist2000 »

It seems I am doing something wrong. When I am in the TOE model designer, I select the set type of formation button and the "Choose subformation type" screen pops up. However, Bazooka II are not on the list. Thanks for any help.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Like I tried to express in the above, this is normal. If something is set to replace something else, only the first instance of it (the lowest level usually) is displayed in the TO&E choices.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”