1985 war scenarios version 5.0

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

BeirutDude

1985 war scenarios version 5.0

Post by BeirutDude »

Have been tweaking the NATO A/I to "Inactivate" some of the units closest to FEBA and in the case of the Bad Neustadt 03:30 NATO A/I version brought the reinforcements in an hour earlier. The warsaw Pact A/I scenarios just have some minor tweaks.

I am not sure I'm going to take this line of scenarios any further until Southern Storm comes out. My reason is the NATO Prepared scenarios I am working on are heavily dependent upon the A/I holding/defending/withdrawing in a logical manner and as it stands right now the A/I seeks out a meeting engagement which makes sense in the "Bolt out of the Blue" scenario postulated in the original game but not in a situation where NATO has fully deployed.

Al
Attachments
1985_War_Version_5.zip
(1.45 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Deathtreader

RE: 1985 war scenarios version 5.0

Post by Deathtreader »

Hi,

Thanks for the updates!

Your work on these is much appreciated [&o]

Rob.
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

So been thinking about it, as the last two weeks I've been the State of Florida's road warrior with plenty of time to think, and really feel the A/I just doesn't support the defensive battles I had in mind with the Warsaw Pact battering their way through a successive series of NATO defensive positions/lines. I was intending to end the situation/campaign with a series of NATO counter offensives to restore the inter-German frontier. I think that will work and am going to work along those lines. Maybe at a future date I can fill in the middle battles.

BTW my rational is other than POSSIBLY opening a NATO controlled corridor to West Berlin I didn't see NATO forces crossing the inter-German frontier. I think the risk of nuclear escalation would have been too great (assuming we hadn't gone nuke already). I suspect a situation more akin to the Korean peninsula would have been the result with maybe some adjustments to the "border" but I don't believe NATO would have "Liberated"the DDR.

Al
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

A weakness in the game as it is today is that the AI won't stay in defensive positions. It came to fight so it does.

One of Southern Storm's main features will address this.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

A weakness in the game as it is today is that the AI won't stay in defensive positions. It came to fight so it does.

One of Southern Storm's main features will address this.

Thanks, So I'm going to go as planned and do a couple of NATO Counterattack scenarios and then fill in when Red Storm is brought up to Southern Storm's A/I.

Al

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”