WITP 2004

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Wolfar100

WITP 2004

Post by Wolfar100 »

I don't know where else to ask this.

How do you get the WITP 2004 version to work with Windows 10. I just installed it and the moving around the map sucks and is laggy as heck.

Thank you,
Rising-Sun

RE: WITP 2004

Post by Rising-Sun »

Just use the -deepColor command. There should be under tech supports, if any on sticky. Readme file help too.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

There is a WITP thread towards the bottom of a large group of threads on older games. Not sure if anyone else posted a similar question, but it's worth a look....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Just use the -deepColor command. There should be under tech supports, if any on sticky. Readme file help too.

This is a totally useless and incorrect reply to the OP.

Alfred
Wolfar100

Post by Wolfar100 »

Worked like a champ!

Many Many thanks!
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: Wolfar

I don't know where else to ask this.

How do you get the WITP 2004 version to work with Windows 10. I just installed it and the moving around the map sucks and is laggy as heck.

Thank you,

1. It gets asked in the relevant game forum so that any answers provided are then available to everyone else playing the game. and experiencing similar issues. As it happens the classical WITP forum has direct answers on this issue already but it is not foolproof (see tm.asp?m=4017877).

2. Not everyone who has Win10 has problems. The "solution" offered suffers from the fact that classical WITP did not have the switch support which was subsequently provided in the early WITP:AE patches. Hence why VPaulus only offered 2 options (windowed or -deepColor), which is a small subset of the switches made available for AE, which worked on his specific test machine.

3. Essentially VPaulus solution is based on Win8 compatability. If you can get it to run under Win8 you "should" be able to get it to run under Win10. Many AE players with Win 8 issues had no problems with Win 10 and vice versa.

4. Don't overlook the benefit of insuring the full DX9 suite is installed. That can be much more important than tweaking with any switches which were not specifically coded to work on classical WITP.

5. Bottom line is that Matrix has not claimed that classical WITP is compatible with Win10, only that with some tweaking it can be made to run. Which means it is on a case by case basis and what your tolerance level is.

Alfred
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

Alfred, that link goes to a thread deleted or moved error page.
LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

Just remove the ). in the URL... [;)]
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Just remove the ). in the URL... [;)]

Of course, thank you. I can be an idiot at times.
I did find the thread by looking in the witp forum.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

All my scrolling problems went with -dd_sw switch.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Yaab

Post by Yaab »

The switch has worked for me as well. I have always had problems with scrolling whenever roads ( R key) or rail (Y key) grid was on. When both were on at the same time, the scrolling slowed to a crawl. Not anymore.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Well when there a lot of bases and units on that map, you going to scroll much slower there and yes it can be pain. Just use the mini map to jump to map or place.

Most decent video cards use 32 bit colors, that why I mention -deepColor. If that doesn't work, then you may need to update your video driver.
Mobeer

Post by Mobeer »

Also some discussion here:
tm.asp?m=3910950

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”