Sara and Lex re-fit

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pontiouspilot

Sara and Lex re-fit

Post by pontiouspilot »

The March '42 refit is near in one of my games. Am I reading the port requirements as "10"? This evidently means a long trip to east coast to find a 10. I have long ago lost my manual so can anybody tell me which other ports are capable of building to level 10. I have never worried about this re-fit before since they were either sank or indispensable. How many others ignore this re-fit to a later date?
anarchyintheuk

RE: Sara and Lex re-fit

Post by anarchyintheuk »

That refers to the drydock size. You'll find 10s in Aukland, Brisbane and Melbourne. Sydney, PH and most of the WC ports are larger.
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

drydock size 10 is needed, however... Sara/ Lex are more than 30K tons, therefore, you are looking at big shipyards: PH, Colombo, WC.

I don't know if the refit will trigger in the smaller ports (Melbourne, Sydney), but any engine or float damage that is gained due to the refit will not be fixed... so stick with PH or West Coast if there is engine or float damage so to avoid having to fix it again afterwards
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

drydock size 10 is needed, however... Sara/ Lex are more than 30K tons, therefore, you are looking at big shipyards: PH, Colombo, WC.

I don't know if the refit will trigger in the smaller ports (Melbourne, Sydney), but any engine or float damage that is gained due to the refit will not be fixed... so stick with PH or West Coast

Only major damage won't be repaired outside of a drydock large enough to accommodate the ship.

Upgrades don't impose major damage so any shipyard 10 or larger can handle the job.
Hans

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

That refers to the drydock size. You'll find 10s in Aukland, Brisbane and Melbourne. Sydney, PH and most of the WC ports are larger.

It does and I've just gone through it but I've just had to send them back too PH. They would not upgrade in Sydney (ry 30, port 8) so I did not even try the other repair yards in Aus/NZ. Now this is because the port itself may not have been large enough and/or the lack of repair ships, tenders, naval support was absent. I do not know how this is worked out but I never try and upgrade any large BB/CV in Aus until I have at least a size 9 or an 8 with AR and Naval support.
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

thanks all....I now remember hearing this on another thread
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

One other thing, if the ship goes into the shipyard as a result of the upgrade you can pull it out to pierside.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: rustysi

One other thing, if the ship goes into the shipyard as a result of the upgrade you can pull it out to pierside.

This is not always the case. It depends on the type of upgrade. Some ships can be moved to pier side and some cannot during the upgrade. For example, if a ship is getting an upgrade in flotation it will not be able to move to pier side but if it is getting minor equipment such as light AA guns or new radar it usually can.

A ship does not usually need a large shipyard to upgrade. For example the 1/44 upgrade of the Lex and Saratoga only requires a level 5 shipyard. So they can upgrade at Brisbane if you wanted. If you open the "next upgrade" screen at the bottom right of the ship menu it will tell you the minimum shipyard required for the upcoming upgrade. Some ships will be able to upgrade at ports with no shipyards when the upgrade consists of minor equipment. The Lex and Saratoga have to move to at least Pearl for major battle damage repair. In the case of repairs the shipyard has to be big enough. A 30 shipyard such as you will find at Sidney will not take the 37,000 Lexington but can repair a smaller Yorktown class carrier because they are less than 30,000 tons.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”