Winter War not recognised as installed

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: Lukas, Erik2

Hotschi

Winter War not recognised as installed

Post by Hotschi »

I have had the whole series installed plus all extensions. Yesterday I purchased Winter
War. When trying to install it, the installer told me I don't have the recent update
installed and gave me the option to open up the browser, which I did. Directed me to Slitherine's
Website, with no update to be found. Then found it here in the Forum, installed it, then
installed Winter War.

Today I wanted to Play - but the game screen still tells me Winter War "is not released yet" or
something similar, can't remember the exact wording anymore.

Uninstalled everything.

Tried to reinstall it, beginning with WWII, then Order of Battle-Pacific in the same folder. Wasn't
a good idea, since I ended up with Pacific only - and W10 won't let me uninstall the whole Thing
anymore! [X(]

Please give me the correct installation procedure for the following:

.) Order of Battle - Pacific release Version (i.e. the original game)
.) Battle of Britain mod/patch
.) Morning Sun DLC
.) U.S. marines DLC
.) Order of Battle - WWII
.) Winter War
.) any Patches if needed.

By the way, before that WWII for free thing everything ran fine - and loading the game was faster as
well. IMHO the WWII "for free" screwed it all up...
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
VPaulus

RE: Winter War not recognised as installed

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Hotschi

Please give me the correct installation procedure for the following:

.) Order of Battle - Pacific release Version (i.e. the original game)
.) Battle of Britain mod/patch
.) Morning Sun DLC
.) U.S. marines DLC
.) Order of Battle - WWII
.) Winter War
.) any Patches if needed.
The first five steps are correct. Before installing Winter War please install last patch v2.6.7c. You can download it from the link below:
http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Order ... -v267c.zip
Once you have downloaded the file please unzip it. Run the extracted file to update the game.
Then you can install Winter War.
Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

That's exactly what I did yesterday, installed the v267 patch before installing Winter War. You know, Winter War will not install without updating to v2.67.... [8|]

And I ended up with a game screen telling me Winter War "will be released in July". - even though I installed the required patch, and installed Winter War afterwards.

What now? Forget about it and move on????

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Hotschi

That's exactly what I did yesterday, installed the v267 patch before installing Winter War. You know, Winter War will not install without updating to v2.67.... [8|]
Yes, but for some reason the patch might not have installed correctly, so that's the reason why it'«s always better to install the last patch and then install the expansions.

You might also have a corrupted installation, and you need to clean your Windows registry keys regarding the game.
Are you running a 64bit or a 32bit Windows version?
Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

I'm running a 64-bit Windows10 version.

By the way, where to download that Battle of Britain patch/mod? Don't have it stored on my computer anymore.

Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

Forget about the Battle of Britain, will do without it.

Re-installed the whole lot, and now it recognizes Winter War as being installed, and I am able to launch it.

And it's now loading faster without the Battle Of Britain too.

Problem solved, and I apologize for my sarcasm (you should have seen my face...), but I have made the experience that as a customer one doesn't get very far with friendliness when having a problem with a purchase - at least that's the case in this country here.

VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Please try the following:

1. Uninstall the game
2. Rename the folders named "Order of Battle - WW2" and "Order of Battle - Pacific" as "_Order of Battle - WW2" and "_Order of Battle - Pacific". these folders can be found in your Windows documents folder at: "...\Documents\My Games"
3. Download the file attached in this message OoB_ClRegx64.zip
4. Unzip the downloaded file and run the extracted file OoB_ClRegx64.reg
5. Allow the "program" to delete the Windows registry keys regarding the game
6. Install Order of Battle: Pacific
7. Install/Upgrade Order of Battle: WW2 (during installation check if the installation path is the same as the Order of Battle: Pacific, default: C:\Slitherine\Order of Battle - Pacific)
9. Install patch 2.6.7c. (this is the one that include the hotfix)
7. Install Morning Sun, US Marines and Winter War

This should be OK. It shouldn't matter if you installed US Marines and Morning Sun before or after upgrading Pacific to WW2.

Regarding the Battle of Britain mod, you can download and install via the right crate in game main menu.

EDIT: Ops, it seems you have fixed the issue. I won't delete this as it might be useful for other player.
Just make sure you install the 2.6.7c. because of the hotfix.

Regarding the sarcasm, don't worry. I'm tech support, I'm used to worst than that. [;)]
The important is that you can play the game now. [:)]
Attachments
OoB_ClRegx64.zip
(459 Bytes) Downloaded 10 times

Return to “Tech Support”