[RESOLVED] Won't launch

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

BertyD

[RESOLVED] Won't launch

Post by BertyD »

Just got the sim from Steam but they can not provide support for a couple of weeks and I'm gagging to get going. So please help a noob who played all the Harpoons

Downloaded yesterday and struggled since. When I launch the prog I get a 'Command:MANO menu'. But when I click Play the menu window disappears for a few moments then reappears.

Specs: Win 10 x64. Intel i7 3770k, 80gb sdd space, gtx 980, 16gb mem, 4k monitor

Steam running as 'admin' in win 8 compatibility, and also tried 7 compatibility

Tried: Updating steam client, running DirectX, DotNet and vcredist. Ensured Windows Media Player installed, changed screen resolution from 3840 x 2160 and font scaling to 100%, paused AV protection, turned off sound in command.ini, deleted command.ini, changed installed location to c:\..., re-checked dowloaded files, installed/repaired c++ x86, cleaned registry, cleaned temp files, repaired disk c:. Rebooted
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(77.67 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
BertyD

RE: Won't launch

Post by BertyD »

On checking event viewer it reports application error. Text of viewer details attached as I can't post this here for some reason
Attachments
EVIEW.txt
(639 Bytes) Downloaded 14 times
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Not running a program or raptor or anything else that has an overlay feature are you?

What exact version do you have/buy?

Thanks!

Mike
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

You did verify the cache in steam correct?
BertyD

Post by BertyD »

Download verified (twice) and no overlays that I am aware of. MSI Afterburner? Exited that but still no luck
BertyD

Post by BertyD »

No idea which version I am running because it is not running

Steam properties shows Current Content BuildID: one two two five four one one (btw this forum is very weird about not allowing posts with links, emails or phone numbers etc which do not have links, emails or phone numbers and then losing the edit)

edit - found this.

'Read me File – 04 July 2016
Version 1.11 SR1'
BertyD

Post by BertyD »

I have not used Steam much before as I usually prefer to own a disk. But I notice that v1.11 SR2 was released a few days ago. Is it possible to download and install it from here, or do I have to wait for Steam to provide it. And is it normal for a delay for updates from Steam?
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: BertyD

No idea which version I am running because it is not running

Steam properties shows Current Content BuildID: one two two five four one one (btw this forum is very weird about not allowing posts with links, emails or phone numbers etc which do not have links, emails or phone numbers and then losing the edit)

edit - found this.

'Read me File – 04 July 2016
Version 1.11 SR1'

What did you buy? Full version or Northern inferno?

mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

I have not used Steam much before as I usually prefer to own a disk. But I notice that v1.11 SR2 was released a few days ago. Is it possible to download and install it from here, or do I have to wait for Steam to provide it. And is it normal for a delay for updates from Steam?

You can install it. Just make sure you unzip/install to your steam directory.

Yes but that's also a beta release.

Mike
BertyD

Post by BertyD »

If SR2 is beta I guess that explains why Steam don't do it, but not why it does not say beta in it's name. Thanks for the info.

I'm guessing no one can give me any suggestions on what to do next. Should I just swallow the cost and keep hoping for a version that works for me?. Or am I being impatient?
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

If SR2 is beta I guess that explains why Steam don't do it, but not why it does not say beta in it's name. Thanks for the info.

Yeah good idea. Maybe we should.
I'm guessing no one can give me any suggestions on what to do next. Should I just swallow the cost and keep hoping for a version that works for me?. Or am I being impatient?

Yeah only so much we can do with so little information though. If you can tell me what you bought it would narrow things down abit. Could you also post a screenshot of what you see before command crashes?

Thanks!

Mike
BertyD

Post by BertyD »

I just spent half an hour trying to post a couple of screenshots. But.....

'You are not allowed to post links, emails or phone numbers for 7 days from the date of your tenth post.'

Attached is a screenie of what I get after clicking 'Play' in the Steam application, or clicking on the Steam taskbar icon and selecting 'Command: Modern Air/Naval Opertations WOTY' I get this as stated in my first post

Attachments
mano 1.jpg
mano 1.jpg (968.65 KiB) Viewed 167 times
BertyD

Post by BertyD »

If I go to the Steam installation directory and double click on Command.exe I get the result shown in the attached file. Interestingly this error box is overlaid on the Steam client window that the error says is not running. Wtf?
Attachments
mano.jpg
mano.jpg (476.27 KiB) Viewed 165 times
BertyD

Post by BertyD »

Yeah only so much we can do with so little information though. If you can tell me what you bought it would narrow things down abit. Could you also post a screenshot of what you see before command crashes?

Thanks!

Mike

I bought Command: Modern Air Naval Operations WOTY STEAM CD-KEY GLOBAL from g2a dot com
BertyD

Post by BertyD »

Sorry about the bad netiquette of making so many posts. But this forum is difficult to deal with

I have spent many hours today browsing forums looking for solutions to the problem

You might have noticed from my first post all the things I have tried, indicating how many different forum posts I have used before posting here

You might also have noticed I included a dxdiag log in my first post and an event viewer log in my second. This should tell you that I am not a technophobe, and that I tried everything I could both to fix the problem and provide you with information so you could help me. But still you said 'so little information'

I am working manfully to restrain my frustration. Indeed the result of my bad netiquette is that in only 10 days time I will celebrate and be able to post screenshots and links like a normal person again
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

I'm not a huge fan of forums either.

[:)]

Mike
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I'm sorry but these are anti-spam measures.
I've added your username to the trusted users list so you should now be able to post without restrictions.

Regarding your issue try running Steam as administrator:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -ifhz-2170
BertyD

Post by BertyD »

.... Steam running as 'admin' in win 8 compatibility, and also tried 7 compatibility ...

Thanks for the help though
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Unplug your second monitor, reboot Windows, run the game and check if the issue persists.
BertyD

Post by BertyD »

Interesting call which I will try. I have been troubleshooting all day and found an inconsistency in the way my mouse was behaving. Not sure why but it was plugged into a usb 3.0 hub, whereas I would normally have that and the keyboard direct to the motherboard. Upon resiting it windows recognised it by making a noise on connection, and showing it in device manager, and it lit up - but it fails to move the pointer. Tried a few more things with and it has died. So seems like a culprit has been found and I will know better after I get a replacement tomorrow. I have heard previously that usb 3.0 has a higher output voltage than 2.0, so wonder if my very old mouse got a bit of a shock. Probably just old age

Return to “Tech Support”