Order of Battle: Winter War is out!

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Lukas, Erik2

AlbertoC

Order of Battle: Winter War is out!

Post by AlbertoC »

Order of Battle has reached the frozen lands of Finland!

Winter War, the latest DLC for the highly praised Order of Battle: World War II, is now OUT for PC and Mac!

Never before have the Winter War and the Continuation War been recreated in such detail. Developer studio The Artistocrats brings these under represented conflicts to your screens.

With a radically different terrain and tactics, gameplay has been greatly altered. Employ ski troops to outmaneuver the enemy on snowy fields! Cross frozen lakes to catch the enemy unaware! Launch ambushes in deep forests! Use mud and frost to slow down the enemy advance then lure them into huge pockets, cutting them off from supply routes, then eliminate them and capture their vehicles!

Take command of the Finnish army and resist the red tide as the Soviet Union assaults you in the Winter War, then take the initiative and launch an offensive to regain lost ground in the Continuation War.

A new campaign with 13 new scenarios, 90 new units, a whole new environment: Winter War revolutionizes the Order of Battle formula. Will you be up to the task?

Grab Winter War now!

And if you’re interested in Winter War, don’t miss tonight’s Twitch live stream on our official twitch channel at CEST 8 PM / UTC 6 PM / EDT 2 PM.

Remember: you can try the first scenario for free by installing Order of Battle: World War II and launching the Winter War campaign! Give it a try, it's free!
FlashXAron_slith

RE: Order of Battle: Winter War is out!

Post by FlashXAron_slith »

Some Feedback ...
Hi,
has someone reached that strange Island, where you only have 30 Command points and you have to kill all Russian troops till turn 20 !!!

That is an i d i o t i c scenario, seems the level designer was on drugs !

As it seems you need 15 Pioneers tp have a chance ... wtf

ANYONE managed to win that island !

+ that island map is really the worst design atm. 30 cp is a joke ... so at leat it should be possible to "use your core troops" which you have atm, even with that it is a challenge.
But feels already, if it is a bug ... every map before that I always got a little bit more cp and suddenly it was cut back to 50% ...
even I am using everything I learned, it isn't possible with 30 cp ...
only if you buy 15 pioneer units, what would be a joke !

+ It should be possible to place units on an airbase AND THE PLANES SHOULD BE ABLE TO LAND ! How it is now, it makes no sense

+ Mines are too expensive that they make sense ... 20 resources make them useless.
As underpowered player you would need them as a strategic possibility, but as the AI has so many units, he uses them as minesweeper :-) and the unit even don't loose much !
So in my feeling, mines shouldn't be more than 10 resources, if they are more powerful and 5 if they stay that weak, how they are now !

+ OWN MINES shouldn't count as ENEMY , as they prohibit upgrading your units !
So it should be possible to upgrade units, at least near OWN mines

+ If you have to change TRANSPORTERS , because the next map is a defending position, the tranports should be stored , so that you could equip them again for the next map or it should be possible to sell them for 100% of its value. I would have needed that for that worse island map !

+ that map, which I am now playing, feels once again, frustrating ... seems it is the last one ... not fun ... what is the fun, to place all his units at the last defending point of the map and wait 28 turns that the AI has moved his 200 units to that point, so you could win, because he was too slow ? Would be more fun, if the player has at least more resources so that he could also use and upgrade to the new developed units, even he only has 15 units against that 200 !

So compared to the other campaigns, Winter War isn't that balanced that it is fun at standard settings atm.

Any way looking forward for more DLCs but really would prefer a "Grand Strategy" Game with that game engine BUT PLEASE WITH REAL INTERNET MP , where players play at the SAME TIME ...
FlashXAron_slith

Post by FlashXAron_slith »

hard is good, when you could see, what plan would work

(but that island was terrible !
And two maps are boring ... where you have to wait at special points ! )

That is why I normal like this game better, than Panzer Corps, where it depends most of the time, if the Random dice is in your favor (Weather and rugged defense) . There you have to play a map over and over WITH THE SAME strategic plan and the result is 100% different, not because the AI has done something different, only because of random dices !

+ Allied Bombers should move away, like enemy bombers/fighters, when I want to bomb a hex ... that damn russian bombed that trucks, which I needed to gain a reward

+ BUG : Ivalo has been captured from me , but counted for the russians ...
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I have not heard much good about Finland, here or on Steam, and Marines (which I don't have) looked like a grind.

But the beauty of the game is create your own scenarios. In less than half hour, I am having much more fun than with stock ones. So that is a compliment to the game if you plan to use the editor.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

rosseau

Have you considered posting your custom scenarios(s) here?:
Fictional or not,small or big.

http://slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=374
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Thank you, Erik. The fact I can create a scenario is a tribute to the editor. But these days I tend toward the very ahistorical and would be embarrassed to post. We shall see.

I will probably get Finland DLC to get my hands on the OOBs. Having not played the Finn scenarios, I really cannot comment on the design, so best I shut up. [;)]

Thanks for the great game system.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: rosseau
But these days I tend toward the very ahistorical and would be embarrassed to post.
You shouldn't feel embarrassed at all. Fictional scenarios can be quite fun. [:)]

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II”