Campaign stuck - empty map

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: Erik2, Lukas

slbm

Campaign stuck - empty map

Post by slbm »

Today, less than an hour ago, I was playing my US Pacific campaign. I have successfully completed the Philippine Sea mission, and then was about to start the Leyte Gulf. I chose the upgrade (Advanced Aeronautics), and started loading new mission. Then the game froze (but did not create any log files). After restart, I noticed three things.
First - the game greeted me with the most basic tutorial messages as if I had never played it.
Second - Winter War campaign was now active (for sure it had not been earlier).
And third - upon load of my campaign save I got an empty campaign map without anything on it. No pins, no briefings, no anything.

I reloaded earlier "turn end" auto save. AI played its last round, then there was the mission end window, I clicked exit and then again a blank map.
I reloaded even earlier "auto save" before my last turn. I re-played my last turn, let the AI play its last turn, and again no luck.
I verified all the game files with Steam, and repeated all of the above. Still no luck.
Attached campaign save game, and both auto saves, as well as DX diag and screenshot of the problem. Game version is 2.6.7b.
I've never had any problems with the game before, except very occasional crashes when alt-tabbing out of it.

Attachments
Crashfiles.zip
(4.07 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
norvandave

RE: Campaign stuck - empty map

Post by norvandave »

I am having the exact same problem. No way to play the next scenario in the Marines campaign after the latest patch was applied today.
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Are you playing the Steam version?
Shards

Post by Shards »

Also, thanks for uploading the files, I've forwarded them on to The Artistocrats to investigate
Shards

Post by Shards »

Hi, thanks for your files! There's an issue with compatibility with some save games that we've found from them. We'll put out a hotfix asap

Thanks
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Can you install this hotfix and see if it solves the problem?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m34yefdlr93g0 ... c.zip?dl=0

For the Steam version: Make sure it points to the correct installation folder if you did not use the default one (<PROGRAMFILES>\Steam\steamapps\common\Order of Battle Pacific\)
slbm

Post by slbm »

Thanks for the quick reaction. I will check in the evening (CET) and let you know. And yes, it is Steam version.
Shards

Post by Shards »

Hi,

Hotfix is now live on Steam. Will be available for Slitherine/Matrix soon!
slbm

Post by slbm »

OK, I'm back home, my Steam downloaded the update and the save works again, I successfully started the next mission.
Thanks for the quick reaction & keep up the great work! Cheers!
norvandave

Post by norvandave »

It's working for me now. Thanks for fixing. I was using Steam too.
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.
Dave1368

Post by Dave1368 »

I have the same problem after completing Okinawa. I get a blank campaign screen and no new scenario. I believe the next scenario is Tokyo. Will this also be fixed in the next Matrix/Slitherine fix? I am not using Steam release.

Return to “Tech Support”