How to be successful in hard mode?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Damiac

RE: How to be successful in hard mode?

Post by Damiac »

Hmm, good point about planetary defense units, I hadn't even considered that. That may actually explain this phenomenon, as lowered troop health probably isn't reflected in the overall strength view, but it would make perfect sense that my strength would drop faster than my enemy's if my troops are all at 3/4 health or something.

EDIT: Do planetary defense units get to hit each and every incoming troop, or can they be overwhelmed by dropping tons of troops at once?
Aeson

Post by Aeson »

EDIT: Do planetary defense units get to hit each and every incoming troop, or can they be overwhelmed by dropping tons of troops at once?
I believe that they can be overwhelmed by dropping a large number of units simultaneously or near-simultaneously.
Damiac

Post by Damiac »

Of course, I usually try to drop my troops pretty simultaneously anyway, as there's no reason not to, but I'll try being extra careful about it next time. I haven't gotten back to this game yet, so I have nothing new to add...

Return to “The War Room”