Attack Stack Over Limit Penalty

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

tortugapower

Attack Stack Over Limit Penalty

Post by tortugapower »

Greetings all,

I'm curious, is there a general feel for how powerful the penalty for a over-stacked attack is? In the simplest case of just 100 stack limit, attacking with Riflemen, what is the difference between attacking with, say, 100, 110, or 150?

I have a rough idea in my head from playing, but I want to balance that against what other people say, or even better if someone *knows*.

Cheers,
Tortuga
Matrix Games video tutorials:
Distant Worlds Universe
Advanced Tactics Gold
Vic

RE: Attack Stack Over Limit Penalty

Post by Vic »

Checking the results in the combat details button will provide you with some detailed info on how the modifiers are applied in a particular battle. also on the stacking rule.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Vic

Post by Vic »

As a rule of thumb dont worry if your attack with 101 stack points on a 100 maximum. It will result like in a 1% penalty or even less.

The penalty slowly ramps up where if your attack with 200 stack points on a 100 maximum you should expect something like a 50% penalty. Probably a bit less as the penalty is not completely linear to allow insane mass attacks to have some minor use in some cases.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
tortugapower

Post by tortugapower »

Thanks a lot, Vic! Exactly the kind of "feel" for the penalty I was looking for.
Matrix Games video tutorials:
Distant Worlds Universe
Advanced Tactics Gold
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Just one problem with stack limit. The AI over stacks and you face attacking stacks of 4 or 500 rifles.
Favoritism is alive and well here.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”