OT - Bored.

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Orm

OT - Bored.

Post by Orm »

There are still lots of nice people logged onto this forum. But, to me, it feels like it has become a more quiet place. Somewhat boring, actually. [:(]

I suppose that this is my point of view only. And that I could do more and open up more discussions.

I liked to have plenty to look at while I wait for my opponents move. Now it is not much new to begin with, and looking it over goes way to fast.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Lecivius

RE: OT - Bored.

Post by Lecivius »

What shall we talk about?

Attachments
th.jpg
th.jpg (5.06 KiB) Viewed 99 times
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Orm

Post by Orm »

I suspect that is at the centre of it. Most subjects have been discussed so much already. When someone opens such a discussion anew the answers are often "we already talked enough about that". And that is kind of the end of that attempt.

And political stuff is out. And current economics as well. And weird theories...

*sigh*
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

OK, I predict Russia will not do well at the Summer Olympics [:D]

USA Women's soccer will dominate.

China will own in diving...again...it being hard not to be good at something you do from the time you walk.

Brazil will take the gold in Beach Volleyball.

There will be a great many empty seats.

We can't talk stocks, they are predictable. Politics are out (thank gawd).

How about the 2 morons who trespassed in Colorado, camped on private property, kicked a few toes of dirt at an open fire, and ran when it got into the trees. They even stopped to talk about it with the local news! Seven houses and 3 barns toast, several million dollars down the drain trying to put out the fire[X(][8|]. I'm trying hard to think of a better waste of oxygen on the face of this planet. Can anyone point out a better example of sheer stoopidity?
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

Can anyone point out a better example of sheer stoopidity?
warsoite1

Starting a land war in Asia?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

warsoite1

OK, you got me there [;)]

How about an individual act of sheer stoopidity? [;)]
Zap

Post by Zap »

I agree with you. Everyone holds back on what would be interesting topics (reasoning it will be squelched). I was surprised my post about the Guy who married his smart phone was allowed!
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warsoite1

OK, you got me there [;)]

How about an individual act of sheer stoopidity? [;)]
warspite1

Wasn't there a guy (one of the original founders?) who sold his shares in Apple for next to nothing just before they made it big?

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Orm

There are still lots of nice people logged onto this forum. But, to me, it feels like it has become a more quiet place. Somewhat boring, actually. [:(]

I suppose that this is my point of view only. And that I could do more and open up more discussions.

I liked to have plenty to look at while I wait for my opponents move. Now it is not much new to begin with, and looking it over goes way to fast.
warspite1

I may be wrong as this is just my perception, but the number of regulars - and certainly those that are willing to post - seems to have reduced over the last few years. But I've noticed that too in the game forums. Look at the WITW and the WITE forums, look at the MWIF forum, same for Wars of Napoleon and Scourge of War Waterloo. Even DC:B - which got such positive feedback when it first came out, seems to have gone very quiet. No one has done an AAR for about 4 months and comment is few and far between.

Maybe I am seeing it wrong but it (the forums) don't appear to be as healthy as once was....

aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

How about CERN, let's talk about it, what it is and what it is trying to accomplish and what it has done lately?
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

I suspect that is at the centre of it. Most subjects have been discussed so much already. When someone opens such a discussion anew the answers are often "we already talked enough about that". And that is kind of the end of that attempt.

And political stuff is out. And current economics as well. And weird theories...

*sigh*

I agree. Outside of girls and sports there is not much we can discuss.
EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

warspite1

I may be wrong as this is just my perception, but the number of regulars - and certainly those that are willing to post - seems to have reduced over the last few years. But I've noticed that too in the game forums. Look at the WITW and the WITE forums, look at the MWIF forum, same for Wars of Napoleon and Scourge of War Waterloo. Even DC:B - which got such positive feedback when it first came out, seems to have gone very quiet. No one has done an AAR for about 4 months and comment is few and far between.

Maybe I am seeing it wrong but it (the forums) don't appear to be as healthy as once was....
Your sentence is a bid ambiguous here but: WITW seems quit, agree with it. I don't care that much because i am mostly interested in the eastern front. WITE forum is very active, both in AARs, game questions and WITE 2/general discussion. WIF has a good number of AARs running. And there still is WITP AE, this is a very special thing...
It is of course sad that DC: Operation Barbarossa is so quiet, some AARs would be great

I don't see the sense of discussing many other things here, I usually have offline friends for most topics and on the internet I discuss special interests few share-from rocket/spaceflight physics over hexagon wargaming/military history to niche music. Sometimes also for "normal" things when you have the chance to discuss things which people from other cultures you usually do not meet.
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

warspite1

Makes me long for the days when he-who-is-banned ran amok.
Max 86

Post by Max 86 »

It's obviously a conspiracy put forth by the illuminati....oh did you hear they found Bigfoot on mars?
[:D]

There is the Olympic babes thread coming up. Always ready to discuss the Dutch field hockey team!
No problem Chief!
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Max 86

It's obviously a conspiracy put forth by the illuminati....oh did you hear they found Bigfoot on mars?
[:D]

There is the Olympic babes thread coming up. Always ready to discuss the Dutch field hockey team!
And the women's beach volleyball!
Zap

Post by Zap »

Changing of the Guard? There is a long list of Posters no longer posting. Only that there are less guards taking the place of the old guard.
danlongman

Post by danlongman »

I do not remember ever being bored.
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

I predict the US mens basketball team does NOT medal.
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
danlongman

Post by danlongman »

USA! Men's Basketball? I don't even
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
Max 86

Post by Max 86 »

I really hope the Olympic games go well though. If it was my kid going, I'd be worried.
No problem Chief!

Return to “General Discussion”