2.0.11.6 Open Beta Released!!!

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

CapnDarwin

2.0.11.6 Open Beta Released!!!

Post by CapnDarwin »

Red Storm Action at its best!

Please read the included What's New PDF to see all the fixes, enhancements and additions made for this release and the others in the 2.0.11 Beta.

This release comes in two flavors, Production and Debug. The Production version removes all the debug support and should run smoother.

You can find the files here on our Website: 2.0.11.6 Beta Update

The package was uploaded to Matrix for Steam Beta and Members Club downloads. It could take a number of days to filter through the system and go live in those venues.

Check it out and let us know what you think! The speed boost to game play from Jeff's optimization work should be very noticeable!!

If you are new to the updates, grab 11.2 first to get new maps done by William and then install 11.6.

Enjoy!! [X(]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
kevinkins

RE: 2.0.11.6 Open Beta Released!!!

Post by kevinkins »

Looking forward. Just downloaded. So what are the steps to go from virgin Steam to 11.6? Can a Steam player simply exchange EXE files? I see the maps from 11.2 are recommended as well. Can those be installed at a later time?
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

You can copy over the new exe. The maps can be added later or they will be updated when the full update is released in a few weeks.

JPFisher55

Post by JPFisher55 »

Will this update affect withdrawal by units. In the past, my units would refuse to follow movement orders away from enemy units that they had sighted and were engaging.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

JP, we did fix a bug that messed up some orders delay. That might help your situation. The better Withdrawal order is in the works for the Southern Storm game engine.

harry_vdk

Post by harry_vdk »

The intel reports are very nice, thanks.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Harry, glad you like them. Have you seen an increase in the speed of play?

harry_vdk

Post by harry_vdk »

After one command cycle its to soon to tell.

But it wood be nice if this intel report can stay open while you give the orders, a bypass for now is printing this to pdf of fineprint.
pekische

Post by pekische »

Is steam version supported?
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Yes, you can use the zip file exe with Steam. The Beta update will get into Steams update system (beta) within a week (Matrix/Steam dependant).

kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

[quote]ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

You can copy over the new exe. The maps can be added later or they will be updated when the full update is released in a few weeks.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Up and running.

Thanks, Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

Unfortunately I am still getting the "CPU leak" issue that slows the game down dramatically.

At this point, I'm thinking it might be Steam. Is there any way to ditch the steam version for a stand-alone download of the game?
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Stimpak, we would like to better understand what you are seeing. The exe for Steam and Matrix version are the same. It may be possible that the additional Steam specific code could be the issue, but none of it is involved during game play that I know of. Perhaps we can find a way to have a Skype meeting or similar to see first hand what is going on. It might also be a good idea to check file integrity or even do a reinstall of the game. I will make Rob aware that you are still seeing a problem with 11.6.

pekische

Post by pekische »

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Yes, you can use the zip file exe with Steam. The Beta update will get into Steams update system (beta) within a week (Matrix/Steam dependant).

When I start the zip file exe in my steam version then the game starts but after loading initial screen this message appears: "Steam initialisation failed. Is the Steam engine running? Please contact Metrix Games...". The steam is running of course and the previous 11.5 beta version was running without problems.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Pekische, I will check it out this evening. The exe should be valid for Steam. Very confusing. Sorry for the frustration. Delete the exe and do a file integrity check to have 11.5 reload.

pekische

Post by pekische »

Done. File 11.6 deleted, file integrity in steam checked. Game engine runs again normally in 11.5 version. Where could be problem with 11.6?
battlerbritain

Post by battlerbritain »

My report:
It plays a lot faster and seems pretty good.

I continued a big 'Bad Neustadt' scenario that I'd been playing with 11.5 and it was playing good, right up till 2 mins game time to go when trying to allocate an Airstrike (one of lots) and a popup just said 'FPRS.exe has stopped responding', and it crashed.

Windows Application log gives a path to files for the crash, but they're not there. A Report.wer does exist and I'll try and attach it.
Attachments
Report.txt
(15.07 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
Somerset, Uk
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

@Pekische, Did you download the debug or production version of 11.6? I just dropped the 11.6 production into my steam setup of the game and all ran well.

@Battlerbritain, can you post a save game from before the crash? That might help us track down what happened. Thanks.

kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

No problems with the production exe either in or out of Steam (limited test time).

Edit: Learned the *Fp9 files need to be kept along side the map *.png file. My mistake at first when adding in the new maps.
Alfred Thayer Mahan
budd

Post by budd »

Drop the exe. in my steam game folder played a couple of cycles without issue. William sure has steadily improved the maps, they look great. during the couple of cycles i played the game did seem to play faster, the map scrolled better for me. Nice changes, thank you.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”