[AWAITING FEEDBACK] How to make the AI drop X bombs on Target (WRA, mission Editor)

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

calgar

[AWAITING FEEDBACK] How to make the AI drop X bombs on Target (WRA, mission Editor)

Post by calgar »

Hello gentlemen,

I am new in this community, so a hello to everyone around here! This will be an edited crosspost from Steam, since noone could answer my questions there, so here I go...

Hello fellas,

me again with a question that just came up. General Situation is Operation Brass Drum Scenario, 5 Gothic Callsigns close in on Char bahar Airport with the intend to Destroy the Runway Access Points. I Play this particular strike over and over to learn the ropes and open different saves in teh editor to find out about the mechanics of jamming, damage etc....

The way i organized the strike, was as follows.

1.) Create Mission, land strike. Have only the Points (5 in total) in the target list.

2.) Assign 5 Gothic Calligns with GBU-31s to the mission.

3.) Open WRA (Weapon Release Authorization). Authorize a Salvo of 4 Bombs (worth one plane) and one shooter per Salvo. max distance. RTB when last A/C is Winchester.

That should mean, one plane takes on one Access Point with 4 Bombs (GBU-31s) that are enough to screw one Point (360ish DPs with penetrator, each Point has 1000 DPs). with 5 A/Cs that means 5 dead access points.

result: 3 Gothics drop their bombs as intended. The other two take their payload home again. All points survived.

Question 1: Why did 2 A/Cs go home with full payload, but the other three acted as intended?

Question 2: How do I inspect damage? I opened the save in the scenario editor, but can't find a way to see the damage done to the access points.

Thanks again,

A
thewood1

RE: How to make the AI drop X bombs on Target (WRA, mission Editor)

Post by thewood1 »

Can you post a save right before the strike hits?
calgar

Post by calgar »

It tells me the file type is not supported?
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

It needs to be in a zip file [:)]
calgar

Post by calgar »

Should be attached....

Two files, one after the release that is "flawed" (at least from my perspective) and another one right before it.

Thanks so far!

A
Attachments
WRAQuestionCMAO.zip
(653.5 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

OK, something is all cocked up here. On the surface, Group 3517 looks all peachy. So I went to unit view. I could only find Gothic 1 (lead), Gothic 2, and Gothic 3. 4 & 5 are missing. Checked mission editor and it says they are in the mission. Check mission status and 5 Gothics are there. Something is amiss.

So I poked around a little and even on unit view, I noticed that there is still a group showing Group 3517 with 5 Gothics in it. Kept grouping and ungrouping. Still no Gothic 4 and 5, but Group 3517 is still there no matter what. I even tried moving and deleting it. Sure enough, the three visible Gothics delete and move right along with Group 3517, even though I am in unit mode. Unassigning units completely screwed things up.

This is a real bug the devs should look at. I have never seen anything like it so maybe its corruption or some confluence of events. But it does answer your question...Gothic 4 and 5 are missing or in the twilight zone. So no bombs from them.

Sorry I couldn't help.
Kitchens Sink

Post by Kitchens Sink »

They are way over near the horn of Africa. They got transported to Lat 0, Long 0. I remember this bug from another thread

Edit: Sorry, not the horn of Africa, but the west coast, near lat 0, long 0.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Funny...I looked all over the map for them. I cycled through all units too...oh well. It was the non-existent group that bothered me the most.
Kitchens Sink

Post by Kitchens Sink »

I did not think to look there until you mentioned the Twilight Zone. Then I found them. Coordinates (0,0) are where corrupt/aborted missions go to die it seems.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I ave only seen the units going to 0,0 once before. It was actually probably over a year ago. I didn't realize it could happen to only a few units in a group, while leaving the rest of the group unscathed.
calgar

Post by calgar »

Well Well, that explains a lot.

@Thewood1: your looking into this was very much appreciated. Really, I think the community makes a real good first impression.

I will post this in the tech support forum
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

What version of the sim are you using?

Thanks [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Discussion moved here:
tm.asp?m=4116847

Awaiting feedback [8D]

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”