AMD crash issue

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

Capitaine

AMD crash issue

Post by Capitaine »

You all may be aware of this but having just bought and installed WitW I learned that the game is currently incompatible with the AMD Gaming Evolved/Raptr application, which causes the game to "stop working". Exiting the app fixes it, but given its ubiquity in the market you might want to contemplate some action to restore compatibility.

I've had other games have the same problem (how I knew this app might be the culprit) and they were ultimately patched to work with the app.
zakblood

RE: AMD crash issue

Post by zakblood »

maybe just as easy to uninstall the app, and just install the driver part, but if you have any error messages that it gives, please post them so the developer can look at them...

Your graphics drivers will work just fine without all the added junk most companies throw in and which 99% of users either don't use or want or even need.

there are more complaints about poor software bundled with drivers no days the internet is full of them, this has nothing to do with game makers, it's the driver bundle, easy option, uninstall the bundle and just use drivers only, same as Nvidia, this is my opinion

Code: Select all

http://support.raptr.com/support/solutions/articles/5000541598-how-do-i-uninstall-raptr-amd-gaming-evolved-

from there message boards as so many have already posted on there site the same issues with there apps, not game

You got those utilities because you used express install. Nvidia has an equivalent as well. You can safely uninstall them without any problems.
FYI, AMD settings has overclocking, gpu temps, and fan speed all built in. You don't really need to install another program like MSI afterburner when you can do it directly through the drivers.
It shouldn't affect anything by just uninstalling, but you can also just disable all the features and not have it start when windows starts.

most sites now call it bloat ware, as it's junk just by another name
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Capitaine

Post by Capitaine »

Yes, I note your opinion. As I said, the app can merely be exited before starting WitW. I would also note that all the other Matrix games I own do not conflict.

My point was that since this app installs with AMD drivers, it might be worth eliminating the conflict if not too complex an operation. That is all.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Maybe Helpless can find the problem, it's probably in the base engine shared by all games (so a fix for WitW and WitE2 would help WitE1 as well).
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Is Raptr just required to be running or have you added the game to Raptr and it's trying to track/monitor WitW activities?
What exactly happens ?
What's your OS and driver version?
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

only benefit of gaming evolved is to have it record gameplay like nVidia's Shadowplay, so not totally useless, but it causes more problems than only the drivers only installed, and same is true with Nvidia bundle as well, which also is the same as steam overlays and many other bundle driver addon's with no or little use to many, but cause the greatest amount of gaming complaints, not my comments or thoughts either, just the internet at large tbh, steam forum, Nvidia forum, and also AMD's own.

Optimize your game, doesn't work unless game is known and tested on...

Celebrate your victories see above same answer...

Join the community can be done without...

Earn rewards yes tracks and reports what your doing and when you do it and reports back to base :)

hope Helpless can do a work around, but also would need one for Nvidia and steam if game ever goes there, just to mention 3, so time spent isn't minor either, but not my call to make, just a opinion.

if it was only one it had problems with, i'd say live with it, as there's plenty it still has issues with, my advice still stands, and my first opinion also, uninstall all unused un needed bloat ware that now days come with drivers and load drivers only, have a quicker and more stable system and use less resources in the process, so fast game, less lag, more FPS, but i may be wrong, so will wait to see what the developers have to say on the subject, either way good luck

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-article ... Notes.aspx

there download and forum support site page link ^^

Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.7.2-Release-Notes (latest version)

Known Issues,

first one.

A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
When installing Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2.

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.7.2 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.
Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit version)
Windows® 8.1 (32 & 64-bit version)
Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)

About 7,840 results if you Goggle "crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled" with more than a odd game no liking it...
Capitaine

Post by Capitaine »

ORIGINAL: Denniss

Is Raptr just required to be running or have you added the game to Raptr and it's trying to track/monitor WitW activities?
What exactly happens ?
What's your OS and driver version?

Raptr is just running in the background. But somehow it knows that you've started a game -- not sure how -- and as zakblood states works as an overlay to the game. You don't have to add your game to it or anything. It's automatic.

I certainly haven't needed it and don't need it. You get "points" for playing games with it running which you can use to download certain rewards, none of which seem very enticing. So it is kind of a marginal product.

What I do like about it is that it keeps track of your drivers and lets you know when there's an update available, prompting you with a link to the driver download site.

I haven't made up my mind what I think about it being installed. Zakblood has a reasonable take on this. Just not sure what I want to do about it.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

Raptr is just running in the background. But somehow it knows that you've started a game -- not sure how --

you need to read the terms and conditions of the app, it not only records what you do and when you do it, but also for how long, so in a way it spies on your gaming habits and records them as stats, no different than steam for that matter, and really nothing to worry about as it's the same process with most online game as well, using clients etc.

if you have a descent firewall it can be used to trace and record what and how much information is going out and to where, seem rather excessive to me for such a app, so not sure either what else it's uploading, but it's easy to see why pro online gamer's have said it can do enough to alter your ping at times so disable it, the traffic doesn't worry my, it's the data it's taking and using, for what? research? or just to build up stats for the game companies to use or have? not sure i want my IP and data being shared and used this way, so don't use it, but it's a choice many will have to take, but the need to have an informed one, but agree some sort of work around maybe needed to help those who do use the overlays, but not sure how much time and effort (resources that involves either) or is worth the investment v's rewards gained for spending the time and money either

Return to “Tech Support”