Uniform Color

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Bel8910

Uniform Color

Post by Bel8910 »

Steve,

using the Uniform.txt only is there a way to change the helmet color? I've been trying to figure out how to read this text but I seem to be missing something. I am making a WWI mod. Included in my mod is the 92nd Infantry (All Black) Division. Having served with the French, they were issued blue helmets rather than the "doughboy" helmets.

Thanks!
SteveMcClaire

RE: Uniform Color

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The fourth entry is the helmet color. The order is:

Unused, Jacket, Pants, Helmet, Belt, Shoes, Weapon, Unused

Steve
Bel8910

Post by Bel8910 »

Thanks, Steve!
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

Where do I see the correct colors? using Hexadecimal color calculator gives light colors and not what it is represented in game.
Hard-core Spectre
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

I was able to edit the uniforms using the ccmt soldier color editor. What I did:
-Got a hold of a patched cc5.exe
-use rtb tool by mafi to extract soldier color as normal 9 column txt file
-use ccmt soldier color editor to open txt file created above
-edited index 0 and save
-copy line and paste it over desired line in gtc's uniform.txt
-test

Is there a more simple way?
Hard-core Spectre
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The values in uniforms.txt are added to the base color value in the soldier sprite. So to determine the exact color you're going to get you'd need to unpack the 'soldiers' file with CCMunger (or some similar tool) and then examine the base RGB value for the pixel(s) that make up the uniform of the soldier, then subtract this from the value you want to get in the end, and this is what you'd put for the hex RGB values in uniforms.txt.

Attached is a utility that I originally created to edit uniforms.txt. It was designed for TLD but I think it should work fine with PitF / GtC. You can use it to file.open a uniforms.txt file and then mess with the values to see roughly what it will look like in game, then file.save the results.

Steve
Attachments
CCUniformColor.zip
(120.47 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

Yes, thank you very much!

The CCMT uniform editor only reached to 56.

Cheers!

Hard-core Spectre
SchnelleMeyer

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

Thanks for the editor Steve! - I wonder If there are more gems (tools) like that in your cookiebox that can be shared with the modders:) ?

I made this conversion chart for using with the Uniform color editors. Hope this can help Kanov and others:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11247&highlight=uniforms+color+colour
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

SchnelleMeyer,

I've combined all of the most-recent dev tools into CCMunger. The only old tools I have are an old BTD file editor and a strat map data editor, both for the original release of CC5. I can post those if someone thinks they'd use them, but I don't even know if they'll run on modern Windows. :)

Steve
SchnelleMeyer

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

CCMunger is a great package of tools for the new releases. If its not too much trouble please post those CC5 tools as well as they might come in handy. If they wont run on W7 I have a backup computer with Win-XP available that has run the old tools that would not work on W7.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Here are the tools -- on closer inspection, they appear to be for CC4. You're welcome to use/distribute as desired.

Steve
Attachments
Misc CC4 Utils.zip
(31.87 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
SchnelleMeyer

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

Thanks! - Don't think I will do any modding of old CC4 - but you never now:D

Return to “Tech Support”