TF follow routines

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen

TF follow routines

Post by Chris21wen »

I noticed this a few turns ago when my Amp TF got clobbered after leaving a destination hex, it's just happened again. The problem is the following Air TF is set to stand off by 1 hex but when the followed TF arrives at a destination the 'Trail by' also gets set to 1. I don't think this should happen.

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (66.69 KiB) Viewed 30 times
Chris21wen

RE: TF follow routines

Post by Chris21wen »

Everything patched to latest. Here's a save immediately before arrival. See TF 1

Attachments
wpae009.zip
(2.91 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

That has always been the case though.
Michael
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

I noticed this a few turns ago when my Amp TF got clobbered after leaving a destination hex, it's just happened again. The problem is the following Air TF is set to stand off by 1 hex but when the followed TF arrives at a destination the 'Trail by' also gets set to 1. I don't think this should happen.

So you wanted the CVTF to stay with the Amphib TF until it reached destination and then wait one hex away, then cancel the stand-off when it left the landing site? Seems like that last part might not be in the code, or Stand-Off of 1 is incompatible with Follow range 0, so the game reset the latter.

FWIW I never trust the AI with complex orders - always set the Follow to 0 during transit and when landing is imminent, cancel the Follow order for the carriers and set them to patrol one hex from shore. CAP is set at Range 1 to cover the Amphib TF. I also do not let the Amphib TF auto-retire - too many things can go wrong with the timing of the move to keep the CV cover in touch with it. When all ships have unloaded I manually set the port to return to and any way point routing orders, and set the supporting TF(s) to follow, Range 0.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Can't say I've ever noticed it behaving this way before. To me the two things are different instructions but if it's always been like that so-be-it.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

I think what was desired is for the CVTF to follow at 0 hexes, but stand off 1 hex from the destination, and then when the TF leaves its destination it will go back to following at 0 hexes.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

I think what was desired is for the CVTF to follow at 0 hexes, but stand off 1 hex from the destination, and then when the TF leaves its destination it will go back to following at 0 hexes.

Me too.

Return to “Tech Support”