Can you create a German HQ?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

gbenson34

Can you create a German HQ?

Post by gbenson34 »

I am truly enjoying my first month playing WITE but have an interesting question. As German reinforcements come on the board they are tied to OKH. Is there a way to create a German Corps level HQ to attach them to?

If this question has been asked before I apologize in advance.
Heroes rarely claim that they chose to be heroic. Rather, that they were faced with a choice and acted in a manner that put others before themselves.
swkuh

RE: Can you create a German HQ?

Post by swkuh »

Think not... move reinforcements to sites needing them and attach to local HQ. As they are OKH there will be no AP charge. Sometimes you get an HQ, usually not.
Commanderski

Post by Commanderski »

No, you can't create a German HQ. You will receive some HQ's with reinforcements during the game. Also there a quite a few HQ's that can take the reinforcements as they arrive. Use the Commanders Report to look for HQ's that have Command Points available(CP in the Commander's Report).
gbenson34

Post by gbenson34 »

Thanks for the responses. After a few more weeks of play I have now understood assigning units to HQ's.
Heroes rarely claim that they chose to be heroic. Rather, that they were faced with a choice and acted in a manner that put others before themselves.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”