Bought CTGW today but it dont start

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

SU1941

Bought CTGW today but it dont start

Post by SU1941 »

Hello all,

i hope you can help me because i have a problem to start the game ctgw. I read the fix issue thread and try several things out since 2 hours but without any success. Every time i try to start the game with the autostart nothing happen after i hit the "start game" button. If i try to lunch the game with the ctgw_launcher.exe it appears a box with the msvcp110.dll failure BUT i installed all versions up 2005 to 2015 from Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio and the file is in the system32 folder but every time i reinstalled the game the failure, that i dont have installed the file, appears. I dont know what i can do anymore :-/ Hope you can help me. In the attachment you will find the dxdiag file.

many thanks in advance

Best regards
SU1941
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(115.39 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
zakblood

RE: Bought CTGW today but it dont start

Post by zakblood »

have you tried all of this?

tm.asp?m=3212308
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
SU1941

Post by SU1941 »

Hi zakblood,

yes and i installed all in this readme first thread but i only had the problem that the game think i dont have the msvcp110.dll file but i still have this file installed and i dont know why the game dont find it?

Many thanks in advance
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one of them which was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive.

so reboot the pc, uninstall the game, making sure the game folder is no longer there, and follow the above, run all setup pre requisite files as admin.

if then it doesn't work, log the game log files in the link above so we can look at what the error messages says, thanks

How to get the ctgw.log file:

If you ever get an error or crash, please attach the ctgw.log file to your report, this will help us identify the problem. The logs are in your Documents, so the default is "My Documents\My Games\Commander The Great War"

IMPORTANT: This log is overwritten every time you start the game. Please make a copy of the log after any crash/bug you want to report before reloading the game.

NOTE: Please put your attachments in a .zip or .rar format, before you upload it here on the forum, if not, it will not upload at all.
SU1941

Post by SU1941 »

Hello zakblood,

i tried out everything you wrote - but the problem is still the same - after lunching the game about steam it launches the autostart and if i hit the ctgw run button nothing happen - if i try to launch it with the ctgw_launcher.exe or with another exe from this folder, i get the error that he dont find the msvcp110.dll - but this file is still installed and i have it in the right folder - i get a screen from this too in the zip-file.
I also have Gary Grigsby's War in the East and west and both of them running very well without any problemt - ctgw is the only game which i have problems to start it :-/

in the attachment you will find the latest dxdiag file.

Many thanks for help and with best regards
Attachments
files_mscvp_failure.zip
(55.36 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ctgw.log file is the one that's needed, not included in this zip file sorry.

on steam can you disable the steam overlay and retry thanks,
If all previous still does no help try this please:

Try running the game by starting manual the DirectX .exe and see if this fixes your crashes:

ctgw_steam_d3d.exe file

You can find this in your root file at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Commander The Great War

If all fails please always attach ctgw.log (glewinfo log will also be useful) to your problem report as there is no way to know what is happening otherwise.

We will do whatever we can to get the game running on all machines that meet the minimum requirements (if given enough information).

How to get the ctgw.log file:

If you ever get an error or crash, please attach the ctgw.log file to your report, this will help us identify the problem. The logs are in your Documents, so the default is "My Documents\My Games\Commander The Great War"

IMPORTANT: This log is overwritten every time you start the game. Please make a copy of the log after any crash/bug you want to report before reloading the game.

NOTE: Please put your attachments in a .zip or .rar format, before you upload it here on the forum, if not, it will not upload at all.
SU1941

Post by SU1941 »

Good Morning,

the problem is, that i dont have this log-file?! I get the error message with the missing msvp110.dll file but i dont have this log file - in the attachment you will find a screen from my dokuments folder - there is only a launcher.ini in it :-/

Best regards
Attachments
missingctgw.log.zip
(7.7 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

what anti virus do you use?

and you can't get the game working on the site version or steam?

so both have been tried correct?

as your report is empty of anything game related, i'm finding it hard to say what could be wrong, in your report it says Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 as well but you have a fixed vga card the Nvidia one, but even this shouldn't be an issue, as if it was it would say this, which it doesn't
SU1941

Post by SU1941 »

i use bitdefender total security 2016 - i have the steam version - it is possible that the steam version have some problems?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

as with all game and installs, any anti virus engine can or could alter files being installed or used, only way to test this is come off line, unplug the internet and disable the anti virus engine and retry to install the site version of the game, making sure you have the game and the update on the pc before you unplug, good luck, if that works, do the same with the steam version, before you turn back on your anti virus program, or add the game and game folder the exclude list

Code: Select all

http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/support/how-to-add-exclusions-(exceptions)-in-bitdefender-2016-1467.html
SU1941

Post by SU1941 »

the problem is that i have only the steam version and i can´t download the non steam version while the keys are different :-(
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

yes, if you bought from steam, you don't get a site key and version correct, but did the disable AV work on the steam version for the install?

Verify Integrity of Game Cache
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -QEUH-3335

try this first ^^ before you uninstall it and reinstall it, sometimes it helps, good luck
SU1941

Post by SU1941 »

hi zakblood :-)

thx for help i verify integrity of game cache several times and reinstall and install it several times too. Also i disable the av yesterday too :-)

Now we fly in holiday i will come back in 2 weeks hope we can find a solution for this problem because i watched some lets playes and this game looks awesome :-/ and with the fixed vga nvidia card - i switched from an gtx 790phantom to the 980gtx perhaps that is the solution for the "fixed vga card"?

Many thanks for help and we will see us :-)

p.s. is that a known failure with the msvp110.dll file?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

happy holidays, and if you still have no luck

Just open a tech support ticket or contact http://www.matrixgames.com/support/

where they maybe able to give more support and help, good luck
SU1941

Post by SU1941 »

many thanks for your help - yep i will try it after holiday and hope to find a solution to play this nice game.

Many thanks and have a nice weekend.

Best regards

Return to “Tech Support”