a couple of questions

Based on Slitherine’s popular tabletop wargaming system by the same name, Field of Glory now comes to the PC in a faithful adaptation of this acclaimed miniatures wargame! Without the calculations and measurements required for a tabletop game of Field of Glory, the PC version accurately represents Ancient and Medieval combat where you make the important and fun decisions on the battlefield. This forum also supports the Rise of Rome, Storm of Arrows and Immortal Fire expansions to Field of Glory.
leftydad

a couple of questions

Post by leftydad »

My initial impression of this game is that it is very “simple” and suited more for playing against online opponents rather than the AI. Is there more depth to the game than it seems from first playing it?
James
IainMcNeil

RE: a couple of questions

Post by IainMcNeil »

The combat mechanics are quite in depth and subtle. It takes years to master it from experience. It definitely comes in to its own when you design armies and play them versus other human players using their own designed armies.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

Any plans to upgrade the unit graphics?
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

It is a wonderful game, lefty. The new version - not so great yet. But, the game is solid and as Iain said, easy to learn but very difficult to master.
leftydad

Post by leftydad »

Okay, thanks for the info. I'll get deeper into the game, and I'm also going to purchase some of the DLCs. Any suggestions on which DLCs are the best ones to start with?
James
towerbooks3192

Post by towerbooks3192 »

ORIGINAL: leftydad

Okay, thanks for the info. I'll get deeper into the game, and I'm also going to purchase some of the DLCs. Any suggestions on which DLCs are the best ones to start with?

Pick the one which has an army that you are interested in. I must say that the DAG list is so small in the base game and getting at least one expansion really extends your choices of armies.
et ignobiles oblivio

Return to “Field of Glory Series”