Data file

Post new mods and scenarios here.
dima

Data file

Post by dima »

Hi Steve (or anyone who can answer),

could you please explain how force pool file work step by step?

I think Iam kind of dumb as PITF workbook doesn't help me to understand them.

The questions are:

1) How does FP file work?
2) How can I make 21 units all the time for each BG? (Read about dummy company - didn't understand :) ).

Looking to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Dima
Nomada_Firefox

RE: Data file

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Cahartes wrote this at CC series.
in your forecepools file for the BG you are interested in (or all), make sure you have 8 or more companies available--infantry in infantry BGS, Kompanies or Squadrons (company level echelon in unit structure) for armor BGs, etc.

About how fpools works, check the panthers in the fog workbook, it is similar or equal. In the fpools you can see the companies from each battlegroup and the percentages which they will give you the amount of them at each battlegroup. The UnitStructure is more complex,probably a complete mess because there are companies formed by other companies (the subteams) and companies formed by normal teams, you must recognize both.

Personally the unit structure file has a small problem, it looks as a complete mess for most of the people by the names of companies where you can recognize what is exactly each line and there are not differences in the names between one with subteams and one with teams. By this reason, I would rename it, at the end, the name showed in the game is not the name from the unitstructure (probably).
Cathartes

Post by Cathartes »

forcepools relate directly to what is available in your battlegroup. unitstructure is the finer detail of what is exactly in your company, battalion organization, tank squadron, etc. GtC is based on the PitF unitstructure (for Germans) American rows are written over with new British data, but some American data remains from PitF. 8 or more companies is the trigger for filling 21 unit slots in your BG
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

I want to increase the number of unit slots available but I don't want to increase the number of actual teams available. Is this possible? I tried to add 8 empty companies but it didn't work.

No, because empty platoons and companies will be automatically disbanded.

I haven't gone back to the code to check, but you might be able to edit the unitstructure.txt and add a company-sized until with just one team in it, and then add some of those 'fake' companies to the force pool. The problem is that they will disband if that team is lost, and this will recalculate the BG size, and the number of slots available.

Steve

Hard-core Spectre
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Whoops - Sorry Kanov. I meant to 'reply' to your post and must have hit 'edit' by accident. Anyway, the answer is now in your post above.

Steve
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

Ok, I guess I'll leave it like that.
Hard-core Spectre

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”