Loading trops on ships and trop transports

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

dereck

Loading trops on ships and trop transports

Post by dereck »

Is there anyway to determine the number of units (infantry, armor, etc) that will fit on a troop transport and also on other ships (I assume they'd be considered ships company)?

Thanks.
PO2 US Navy (1980-1986);
USS Midway CV-41 (1981-1984)
Whidbey Island, WA (1984-1986)
Naval Reserve (1986-1992)
Bingeling

RE: Loading trops on ships and trop transports

Post by Bingeling »

It is a matter of simple calculation, and compartment sizes depends on tech and possibly mod used.

Example from starting an old game. Design screen shows that Massive Troop Compartment has capacity 200. In the weapons tab it is nice enough to add up those that are there and say that with the 4 of those present, the "Troops" is 800.

You see the same number in the selection panel, my cruiser says 100/200. 100 used of 200 capacity. And the same number is also there for fleets.

Then there is the small issue, I can not see the "troop size" listed anywhere. But infantry is 100 (thus 100/200 on that cruiser with one troop), armor should be 200, and planetary defense units 400. And I would assume special forces is 100 as well, as there is no reason why they should take much space. You should see the sizes in the game once you have some troops loaded.
Aeson

RE: Loading trops on ships and trop transports

Post by Aeson »

If you're using the transport loadout in the fleet tab, be aware that the percentages are by transport capacity requirement, not by number of distinct units; a transport fleet which wants 50% armored, 25% infantry, and 25% special forces units will (try to) load exactly the same number of armored units as it has infantry or special forces units.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”