'Quiet' AI?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Kulturhund

'Quiet' AI?

Post by Kulturhund »

Hi everyone

Trying to get back into the game after quite awhile. Started a 1943 campaign as Germans (Soviet AI), and gave it a slight boost (125%) to transport and admin. I avoided attacking the Kursk salient but mostly held my positions. It's now about 4 weeks into the game (Aug 1943) and apart from the first turn, I notice the Soviet AI hardly launches any attacks on the ground, even in sectors where my infantry strength is weak. He's quite content to just launch air attacks on my land units.

I remember playing 1943 earlier on, and heavy attacks all along the front were the norm... has anyone else had a similar experience with a quiet AI? Am updated to 1.0808. Thanks much! :)
Kulturhund

RE: 'Quiet' AI?

Post by Kulturhund »

spoke too soon I guess, a week later mid-August AI is attacking furiously along the front. all good now [:D]
PyleDriver

Post by PyleDriver »

I'm playing the 42 Campaign agianst the AI. It seemed to pull back than fight. I took Moscow and went to flex defence for 43.
The AI from June thru September 43 made Zero attacks. Thats right not one ground attack...
Jon Pyle
AWD Beta tester
WBTS Alpha tester
WitE Alpha tester
WitW Alpha tester
WitE2 Alpha tester
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Play humans
Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”