New 1985 Scenario and updates to previous two

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

BeirutDude

New 1985 Scenario and updates to previous two

Post by BeirutDude »

All,

The third scenario in the 1985 War in included in this Zip. It is part two to the Bad Neustadt 03:30 scenario, Also I have rebalanced the original Bad Neustadt and Fulda scenarios so that both sides start off with equal Victory points. So for the game balance folks I think this will be much better.

Al
Attachments
1985_War_Version_4.zip
(1.45 MiB) Downloaded 42 times
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
BeirutDude

RE: New 1985 Scenario and updates to previous two

Post by BeirutDude »

Is it worth continuing this line of scenarios? Not getting the impression there is a lot of interest.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Al, I don't think there is a lot of forum traffic right now. Many folks are waiting on 11.6 or the full up 2.0.11 to drop before getting back at it. Hang in there. If you build it they will come. [;)]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
battlerbritain

Post by battlerbritain »

I'm liking them [:)]
Somerset, Uk
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

ORIGINAL: battlerbritain

+1
Richard
Deathtreader

Post by Deathtreader »

ORIGINAL: cataphract88

ORIGINAL: battlerbritain

+1

+2
So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
WABAC

Post by WABAC »

I have been enjoying Bad Neustadt. I notice that in the afternoon match the Soviet AI never plays with all of his toys, only just a few really. I quit the game early after shooting up his maneuver forces to pretty much of a standstill. But he was still left with a bunch of planes that never flew, and artillery that never seemed to shoot all that much. Maybe I should try it from his side if that's available.

I am also getting little crash screens from time to time. I have been out of the loop for a while, so I don't know if this is a known issue.

I have played the Fulda scenario several times. So I probably won't play the balanced version unless there are some changes besides the value of the victory hexes.

You have 37 downloads, and a lot of page views between the two posts. I hope that's enough to keep you going. It's an interesting transitional period for sure.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

WABAC, what game version are you running?

WABAC

Post by WABAC »

howdy Capn, sez 2.0.11.3(Beta) "1".

Ran into an error I haven't been able to get past. It has been a range check error every time I looked. I sent the report on this time because I couldn't click past it and have to restart. If I can click past it, it's not really a problem. [8D]

I did not have the problem with Hell's Cross Roads. That's my go-to on all the new versions you guys churn out.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

You may want to jump up to the 11.5 that is out there on our site and try again.

WABAC

Post by WABAC »

Will do. Thanks.
BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Not sure why those Soviet units aren't moving. One thing to consider is the remaining units from the previous scenario (the Bad NeuStadt 0330 scenario) are on the map and they have taken battle damage and morale hits. So part of the scenario is to build a scratch unit out of the viable units from those two regiments (See Soviet orders). So maybe it's the units that are too battle damaged to participate? In play testing it I was able to get my force to the exit points south of the Saale River (south of Bad NeuStadt) and in a second playing forced the Saale River crossing just north of Bad Neustadt. I will say that I was shocked at how lethal the Soviet SAMs were to the American Air Force.

Al

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Going to run it again. Maybe the problem is I designed it with a Beta Version?

CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Al, if you think it is a bug, toss a file in a tech support forum post and we can look into it.

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Jim,

Which issue the SAMs or units not advancing? I think the SAM lethality is brutal but given the IAF Yom Kippur experience maybe not out of line. BUT I expected the Wild Wiesels to do better and they seemed to get it as bad as a regular Alpha Strike.

Al

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

BTW I still run the game in Beta Test mode so I have turn by turn saves. So let me run it and see what I see.

CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Al, thanks for the update. We are putting 11.6 up this evening and it runs fast and smooth. As for WW aircraft, They do get a number of extra benefits when dealing with SAMs and other Radar equipped AD units. The bad thing is other guns and IR SAMs in a contested area can ruin your day. Also readiness is of critical importance to aircrew as it can help or hinder their situational awareness.

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Jim,

I don't think there are any major problems here. Both fresh MRRs are hitting the American line and the units in the rear are the two units damaged in the earlier scenario.

As for the WWs well it is a hot ADA environment. With ZSU-30s and SA-11s (with an IR back up) so it's just a hot environment. I did see one WW go after a mortar unit.

Al

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

Just watched a WW attack an SA-11. So everything is good.

BeirutDude

Post by BeirutDude »

OK actually I am noting WABAC is correct in that the WP A/I is not using its air strikes. There should be about 4,squadrons of CAS/ARM support and none is flying. So let me send you the save files. The weather is unrestricted. With 5,700 meter visibility. I'm running version 2.0.11.5 but it was created with the 11.5 Beta.

Al.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”