New Buyer

Unity of Command lets you replay the epic conflict that was the Stalingrad Campaign of World War II. In this turn-based game of strategy and cunning, observe how opportunity leads the German army to advance recklessly into the steppes of southern Russia. And as the story unfolds, join the Soviet campaign to repel the invaders... As these legendary battles play out on the hex board, the tension of decision making and difficulties of conducting operations on a massive scale emerge. Command armies and fronts in maneuver warfare, thrust and encircle, capture cities and cross continents; but never, ever forget to watch your supply lines. The Red Turn expansion ads a gigantic Soviet expansion centered on the Kursk campaign.

Moderators: 2xTom, 2xPelin

Yogi the Great

New Buyer

Post by Yogi the Great »

Those darn coupons get me every time, the anniversary coupon results in my purchase of this game. Looks like fun.

Second game purchase in a row of an older title with little to no activity on the Matrix forum. I did see that the game developer has it's own game forum that still has some activity ion it. Maybe I can find that again if needed.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
zakblood

RE: New Buyer

Post by zakblood »

great game, get yourself a steam key and the addon's, it's well worth it
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Thanks zakblood

Interesting game and is fun, realism is sure lacking though. Watching multiple AI units pull from whatever situation they are in and creating and moving as they do through any little gap programmed to cut supply. Even when it makes no sense. Playing against AI seems you have to spend a lot of effort to stop such moves realistic or not. But again certainly adds interest and a bit of fun. I agree with some of the comments I saw on developer forum that it is very hard to win the decisive and higher victory in the time given while having to get each and every victory hex.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

It's a good game. I wish I would play it more
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

And there is the new game "UOC 2 ?" on the horizon
i see this shot on the developers blog:

Attachments
UOC2.jpg