Adding custom units to the German grand campigns.

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

AllStarJames

Adding custom units to the German grand campigns.

Post by AllStarJames »

Hello guys!

I am currently using the Amulet mod 2.0 for panzer corps and liked the elite camouflaged versions for units it had to offer. I am using Dwights Camo Spray shop too and would like to make a new bunch of my own camouflaged units to be able to purchase as the years go by in the Grand Campaigns timeline.

I am new to modding and can only seem to overwrite the units with different camo schemes in the units directory (I assume i need to go into the editor and assign a specific new unit to that year so it becomes available)

For instance i wanted to make the Axis armored train purchasable as a core unit, say after the fall of Poland and the beginning of the France 1940 campaign. How would I go about doing this for the train and other units?

I apologize if this has already been asked in the past.

James.
R35

RE: Adding custom units to the German grand campigns.

Post by R35 »

Unless you want to put the armoured train in a different class you`d need to make the Armoured train class available in the recruitment menu. I haven`t looked into this so far so I have no quick answer.

Generally speaking, to add/edit new units you need to open the file equipment.pzeqp. It`s located in the main Data folder of the game. You can use Notepad for this, but it will probably look more orderly in Excel. The file has a header that pretty much explains what each column is for. Each unit also needs to link to an entry in the efx.pzdat file. It`s in the Graphics folder. This is where the animations and sounds are defined. The name of the entry here needs to correspond to the name of the .png graphic files that you have for this unit. Make backups before editing anything.

You`ll probably find more activity and hence help at the Slitherine forums.
http://slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.p ... 6c22af51b0

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”