Airborne drop process on the fritz again

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

s2tanker

Airborne drop process on the fritz again

Post by s2tanker »

Playing as the Soviets with the Bitter End scenario, .10 patch, and I can't air drop units any more. I can do a drop in friendly territory next to the base just to test it. But, when I shift left click and select the air units, then close the window, the usual screen that shows you where you can drop does not show up as usual. It's tough. The lack of air drop capacity will mean a loss of Leningrad when that wasn't necessarily going to be the case if I could have degraded the Axis supply lines.
Know the enemy and yourself...
Bozo_the_Clown

RE: Airborne drop process on the fritz again

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

I just tested it. Everything is working fine. Not sure what exactly your problem is. Maybe you are trying to drop on an occupied hex?

s2tanker

Post by s2tanker »

The drop window never opens after doing the preliminary air unit selection in the hex next to the base. Even tested a drop into friendly territory, which worked. No place to drop at all on the other side of the lines.
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

The drop window never opens after doing the preliminary air unit selection in the hex next to the base. Even tested a drop into friendly territory, which worked. No place to drop at all on the other side of the lines.

What do you mean by "preliminary air unit selection in the hex next to the base." The para unit needs to be on the air base.
s2tanker

Post by s2tanker »

The unit is on the base. The base is on a good rail. The base has adequate transport. The unit can be selected and even dropped in friendly terrain. Under the previous airborne set up, when you clicked next to the base and selected air units, you'd close the screen and then a strip of territory was highlighted in enemy terrain to illuminate where you could drop the airborne unit. That last process doesn't work. I can't drop the unit anywhere in enemy terrain. It just doesn't call up the second window as before to make the drop.
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

Switch to air transport mode. Select airborne unit. Shift left click on an out of range hex in enemy territory. After that all the hexes within range are displayed. Or you just count the number of hexes from friendly units.

Do you have a save file you could share?
s2tanker

Post by s2tanker »

The the hexes are not displayed. I checked day and night mission status too. It will allow me to make a test drop in friendly territory.

It's a multiplayer game on the server - no idea how to save to a file.
s2tanker

Post by s2tanker »

Here's a screen shot. It shows the highlighted hexes where a jump may be made, but only in friendly terrain. The portion of the window that used to show the jump eligible areas in enemy terrain is not showing up and the jump cannot be made in anything other than friendly territory.

Attachments
Airbornew..wissues.jpg
Airbornew..wissues.jpg (107.23 KiB) Viewed 152 times
s2tanker

Post by s2tanker »

Trying to do a clean install to see if I can restore Soviet airdrop ability.

Are the FTP servers down?
s2tanker

Post by s2tanker »

Did a clean reinstall to .09.09 beta. Still cannot jump into enemy controlled territory.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Too bad you can't send the save. I'll do one test on my Soviet paradrop test save.
s2tanker

Post by s2tanker »

I just don't see a way to do that in a multiplayer/server game.
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

Did a clean reinstall to .09.09 beta. Still cannot jump into enemy controlled territory.

I just set up a brand new game with 1.09 and dropped a para unit in enemy territory on T2. It works as designed. No idea why it doesn't work for you.
s2tanker

Post by s2tanker »

Does the enemy terrain become highlighted within range of the aircraft for you when you do a shift left mouse?
s2tanker

Post by s2tanker »

So, I loaded up the Bitter End scenario and ran it H v. H though turn 10. I built the transport units on T8, deployed them on T9, and used them on T10, one in the day phase and one in the night phase. It worked as it should using the new 1.09.00 beta patch.

As has been the case in the past, when initiating the airborne drop routine, the computer gets bogged down making calculations.

Now, in the multiplayer game against Dinglir, T14, when entering the airborne phase, that same 20 second or so computing delay does not take place and the airborne units are only able to jump into friendly territory. Some software routine is not executing.

I hope this provides added information for the programmers to resolve this issue.

morvael

Post by morvael »

ORIGINAL: chuckdevore
Now, in the multiplayer game against Dinglir, T14, when entering the airborne phase, that same 20 second or so computing delay does not take place and the airborne units are only able to jump into friendly territory. Some software routine is not executing.

It may be just the effect of the routine quickly finding out drops are not possible, without going into more complicated routines that take longer to execute.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Made a test drop and it worked.

I went into air transport mode, selected the airborne unit, shift-left clicked target hex and after a short while the air group selection window appeared.

Attachments
drop.jpg
drop.jpg (448.92 KiB) Viewed 152 times

Return to “Tech Support”