Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Lowpe (J)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

RangerJoe

RE: Invasion West Coast!

Post by RangerJoe »

Very nice on the AOs! Those might hurt the most. Those DDs and the AK losses will slow down the supply train and/or slow down any evacuation.

I would post a picture of my right foot but this is NOT my AAR.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

We're lucky Terminus isn't posting photos of his toe.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

What the heck were AO's doing in a coastal hex? Perhaps refueling bombardment ships? You would have to say the mines had a good ROI.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

We're lucky Terminus isn't posting photos of his toe.

This is true. Even years later I still have flashbacks.
Speedysteve

Post by Speedysteve »

Lol. Me too!
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

Still no turn. [:(]
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]Elsewhere...[/font]

This is the first of a 2-stage OP. This is insanely overkill. But when I started prepping for this 9 months ago I had no clue the entire Japanese army would be on the West Coast. [:D]

The 2nd Phase will happen as soon as the ships can return. I don´t have enough lift to do both landings simultaneously. Anyone wants to venture a guess on the destination? [;)]

We have a 3rd big OP happening shortly too. Loading will begin in 3 days... lots of clicks.

Attachments
AInvasion.jpg
AInvasion.jpg (78.45 KiB) Viewed 61 times
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]West Coast[/font]

Tomorrow will be a quiet day. I need to rest my fighters and repair them. It will also give me time to rail in more engineers to the AF at LA which I need for the counter attack. BFs and engineers have now arrived at Bakersfield, Mojave and March Field. They will be operational tomorrow.

The full counterattack is still 3-4 days away. I don´t want to give too much detail on this yet but I´m very optimistic of success. Big question is if I´ll be able to succeed before SD falls. I think how Jeffs first attack there goes will decide the fate of SD.
paullus99

Post by paullus99 »

Philipines?
Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

I'd guess Sumatra, Port Blair or Timor.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

I may have made a horrible mistake by turning on upgrades for the 2nd Armored.

2nd Armored ID just upgraded its 153 Lees to 24 Shermans basically gutting itself. How could it upgrade when there were only 24 Shermans in the pool?! [X(]

EDIT: Apparently this happened like 4 turns ago. Looking at the turn before it happened there is no = sign after the Lees. Is this a bug?
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

I would guess Sumatra or Java.

Something about overkill, it is nice when you do it. I learned a very important lesson a LONG time ago: "Why use a little hammer if you have a big one?"
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

RogerJNeilson

Post by RogerJNeilson »

I'd say the same, his forces are on the other side of the world and Palembang alone will cripple his economy.

Staging from Diego or Colombo

Roger
An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

I may have made a horrible mistake by turning on upgrades for the 2nd Armored.

2nd Armored ID just upgraded its 153 Lees to 24 Shermans basically gutting itself. How could it upgrade when there were only 24 Shermans in the pool?! [X(]

EDIT: Apparently this happened like 4 turns ago. Looking at the turn before it happened there is no = sign after the Lees. Is this a bug?

I thought the = sign meant there is enough of the current TOE device to upgrade to that device. The = sign doesn't look "past" a TOE upgrade to a future device. What is the Sherman TOE amount?

That said, I don't know either.
The Moose
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58
I thought the = sign meant there is enough of the current TOE device to upgrade to that device. The = sign doesn't look "past" a TOE upgrade to a future device. What is the Sherman TOE amount?

The Sherman TOE amount is the same as the Lee. 153. I never imagine it would upgrade without having a full complement of tanks. I just wanted to upgrade the rifle squads.

Kind of sucks for me if it isn´t a bug since it removes my biggest hammer. 2nd armored was 550 AV or something like that. Now its a lot less with 120 mediums gone. [:(]
tiemanjw

Post by tiemanjw »

I may have made a horrible mistake by turning on upgrades for the 2nd Armored. 2nd Armored ID just upgraded its 153 Lees to 24 Shermans basically gutting itself. How could it upgrade when there were only 24 Shermans in the pool?! EDIT: Apparently this happened like 4 turns ago. Looking at the turn before it happened there is no = sign after the Lees. Is this a bug?

I would guess that it was a TO&E upgrade, and not a simple device upgrade.

Looking at scenario 2 in the editor, the 2nd armored has 18 M4s, 168 M3s and 77 M5s... but it uses TO&E 2353 which is listed as 18 M4 CS, 168 M4s and 77 M24s.
So my guess is that the game decided to do a TO&E upgrade, and you got what shermans were laying around. Some of the Indian divisions have a similar issue where they shrink considerably due to a TO&E upgrade.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister
ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

The Sherman TOE amount is the same as the Lee. 153. I never imagine it would upgrade without having a full complement of tanks. I just wanted to upgrade the rifle squads.

Kind of sucks for me if it isn´t a bug since it removes my biggest hammer. 2nd armored was 550 AV or something like that. Now its a lot less with 120 mediums gone. [:(]
Put all other units that might take the Sherman on Do Not Upgrade. If there are 153 Shermans in the pool the 24 could be the initial installment and they should keep coming. Aircraft squadrons seem to only take 12 upgrade replacements at a time, no matter the pool size or the supply situation, so maybe tanks have a limit on how many per day you can test drive!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

It take 6 months worth of Shermans to fill out an American Armored Div. If the 2nd can never leave the WC, then this is truly a costly lesson. [X(]
[center]Image[/center]
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

It take 6 months worth of Shermans to fill out an American Armored Div. If the 2nd can never leave the WC, then this is truly a costly lesson. [X(]

But can they disband? Do they withdraw regularly, or is it "withdraw out of theater" (which loses the devices)?

If the answer to disbanding is no, or they withdraw out of theater, then you should immediately turn replacements off for that division IMO.
JocMeister

Post by JocMeister »

So basically a TOE upgrade will completely disregard the number of devices/squads in the pool and is not a bug? This sucks big time because I really needed the 2nd armored for my counter attack. Basically it now hardly of any use besides perhaps guard duty. [:(]

I don´t think it will disband as its perm restricted? If I remember correctly if a unit is restricted you have to buy it out before you can disband it. So a perm restricted unit shouldnt be able to disband at all....

Return to “After Action Reports”