Operation Torch scenario question

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

von Beanie

Operation Torch scenario question

Post by von Beanie »

Months ago I played the WITW game that starts with the invasion of Sicily, so I thought I had a basic understanding of the game system. Now I've added the Torch expansion and I am trying that. However, I can't figure out how I get Allied land forces onto the map in Morocco for the first Nov 10, 1942, turn. I looked for a tutorial video or other help in the Torch manual, but I couldn't find a thing. Please help with this most basic problem.
"Military operations are drastically affected by many considerations, one of the most important of which is the geography of the area" Dwight D. Eisenhower
Joel Billings

RE: Operation Torch scenario question

Post by Joel Billings »

They start in Northwest Africa at the beginning of the Torch to Tunisia scenario. Other reinforcements arrive as the game goes on.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”