Please post graphics mods here

Post discussions and advice on TOAW scenario design here.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

gliz2

RE: WIP: GUI Mod Brown

Post by gliz2 »

Thx Meyer :)

Do you know which graphic is responsible for displaying the pictures in the unit icon?

Also I cannot get any GUI modifications to work. I installed them in the AlternateGraphics folder. Or it should be any other folder?
Plans are worthless, but planning is essential.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

A question for the graphics department - I'm using the Square Counters Mod, and I made a few changes myself, and now in Huge 2D Mode the Loss Settings appear differently. As seen below, the first 'dot' for Minimize appears normal, but the next two for Limit and Ignore appear as lines. This is using the bmp's [not the png's]. While I can see that the Huge 2D appears to use a different source from or in the Numbers file for the dots, I don't know what they are, so I can't determine what I changed to make these appear differently. [:(]

Attachments
BH7.jpg
BH7.jpg (135.91 KiB) Viewed 581 times
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Do you know which graphic is responsible for displaying the pictures in the unit icon?

Each set of colors has its own icon set. They are in the main Graphics folder, for example units_1_green_1.
I cannot get any GUI modifications to work.

I am not sure about this, but I thought they would be read from AltGraphics, so maybe try the Graphics Folder, or the scenario specific Graphics folder if there is one. And always back up the originals !
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

A question for the graphics department - I'm using the Square Counters Mod, and I made a few changes myself, and now in Huge 2D Mode the Loss Settings appear differently. As seen below, the first 'dot' for Minimize appears normal, but the next two for Limit and Ignore appear as lines.

Do they look good with the regular counters?. In my case, normal bmp counters look bad in huge view, in fact, even worse than yours. I would guess that the screen resolution could be a factor here.

But I don't care since I think png look so much better [:D]
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

ORIGINAL: gliz2

Also I cannot get any GUI modifications to work. I installed them in the AlternateGraphics folder. Or it should be any other folder?

Just to add to Steve's answer, make sure that the mod files are in the AltGraphics folder, sometimes while unzipping a subfolder is created and that is not gonna work.
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

I think png look so much better

Stop staying stuff like that, there could be children around !

I checked other scenarios that use the stock graphics and all is good, so its something I've done unwittingly.
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653
I think png look so much better

Stop staying stuff like that, there could be children around !

I checked other scenarios that use the stock graphics and all is good, so its something I've done unwittingly.

Well, good for you. This is how mine look at 2560x1440 (pictured zoomed to see more detail)

Attachments
Screenshot..013445.jpg
Screenshot..013445.jpg (76.23 KiB) Viewed 581 times
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

At that zoom in you can see how the lower 'dot' is different from the two above it. So its using something different, which is what I can't find, or is what I don't know how is done. As you can see in the shot in post #282, my two dots above are truncated, or are being impinged upon, or I screwed up some pixels somewhere, or something else. [:(]
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Looks like the dots are crowded causing the dots above the first to be cut off. The dot is located between the last 'X' and the 'L' on the right hand side of Numbers.bmp, H_numbers.bmp and the corresponding .png files. So if something was done to shift the position or size of that dot that change will have an impact on how they are displayed on the counter. Maybe they were moved up a couple of pixels. In the Numbers.bmp file the dots should be one pixel short of covering their color bar. Touch the bottom but not the top of their color bar. Hope it's something that simple.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

I've just bought TOAW III with the 30% off discount. I installed the game, applied the latest patch and set about installing a graphics mod to make the game look better. I chose Classic Redux II as I noticed it in this thread a few pages back.

Am I right in thinking I just need to copy and paste the contents of the mod into the AltGraphics folder in the TOAW III main directory? I did that and then copied the Almost Olive GUI mod as I like that one.

I compared my game with the screenshots here:

https://thetoawbeachhead.wordpress.com/ ... -redux-ii/

and all seems to be well apart from the desert graphics in the WWII North Africa scenarios. The area around Knightsbridge looks different in my game than it does in the screenshot on the webpage listed mentioned above.

Have I installed this correctly or is there something else I should be doing?

Any help would be much appreciated.
War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: XXXCorps

I've just bought TOAW III with the 30% off discount. I installed the game, applied the latest patch and set about installing a graphics mod to make the game look better. I chose Classic Redux II as I noticed it in this thread a few pages back.

Am I right in thinking I just need to copy and paste the contents of the mod into the AltGraphics folder in the TOAW III main directory? I did that and then copied the Almost Olive GUI mod as I like that one.

and all seems to be well apart from the desert graphics in the WWII North Africa scenarios. The area around Knightsbridge looks different in my game than it does in the screenshot on the webpage listed mentioned above.

Make sure to create a folder with the exact name of the scenario in the AltGraphics folder and copy the special desert tiles in there.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
RyanCrierie

Post by RyanCrierie »

I am interested as well but I don't think he ever released it, I guess you could try to PM the guy.

Interesting concept. I could try my hand at it -- it's not that difficult, just time consuming.

Attachments
Test.jpg
Test.jpg (24.02 KiB) Viewed 582 times
CapitanPiluso

RE: Please post graphics mods here

Post by CapitanPiluso »

ORIGINAL: Telumar

Classic Redux (.PNG) - Get it here: http://ge.tt/7jY2nTF/v/0?c?c

Hi Telumar
As my computer died I bought a new one and reinstalled TOAW, then downloaded your mod but couldn t get these fonts,only the original fonts appear.
So long when I did this for the first time,am I missing somethig besides unzipping into altgraphic folder??

Thanks a lot.
One cornerstone of maritimal warfare:
Keep yourself near the lifeboat.
(Capt.Piluso)
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

Piluso: I think those are windows fonts, so you have to edit the "opart3.ini" or the "Opart 3fonts.ini" or both, to get those. From Telumar page (still MIA :( )

And the GUI:

There is not only one, but 10 GUI Mods! Note that the GUI mods are themed, i.e. the Mod ‘Eastern Rust’ has a World War II Soviet theme while the Modern Olive style is a Cold War/Post Cold War general theme. Also note that the download contains an Opart 3 fonts .ini file with the settings and fonts that have been used for the screenshots. Please also read the ‘readme’ text file that is contained in the download.

https://thetoawbeachhead.wordpress.com/ ... phic-mods/

Saludos de Coquito [:D]

Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

ORIGINAL: XXXCorps

Looks like you did it right.. could you post a screenshot? Maybe the image in Telumar's page doesn't correspond exactly with his mod...
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

ORIGINAL: RyanCrierie
I am interested as well but I don't think he ever released it, I guess you could try to PM the guy.

Interesting concept. I could try my hand at it -- it's not that difficult, just time consuming.

Look nice, but with so many different equipment types, I guess it's a monster job.
CapitanPiluso

Post by CapitanPiluso »

ORIGINAL: Meyer1

Piluso: I think those are windows fonts, so you have to edit the "opart3.ini" or the "Opart 3fonts.ini" or both, to get those. From Telumar page (still MIA :( )

And the GUI:

There is not only one, but 10 GUI Mods! Note that the GUI mods are themed, i.e. the Mod ‘Eastern Rust’ has a World War II Soviet theme while the Modern Olive style is a Cold War/Post Cold War general theme. Also note that the download contains an Opart 3 fonts .ini file with the settings and fonts that have been used for the screenshots. Please also read the ‘readme’ text file that is contained in the download.

https://thetoawbeachhead.wordpress.com/ ... phic-mods/

Saludos de Coquito [:D]

Thank you but in the opart3fonts there are several fonts names and I don´t know which should I change...

Uyy desde chico que no sabia nada de Coquito [8D]
One cornerstone of maritimal warfare:
Keep yourself near the lifeboat.
(Capt.Piluso)
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

Piluso: download the GUI file from Telu's page, there's a readme there and also the Opart3 Fonts.ini file to get those fonts.
RyanCrierie

Post by RyanCrierie »

I created a somewhat curated Archival page of TOAW graphics mods here LINK
fulcrum28

Post by fulcrum28 »

where do you put all silvain mod files?
The most comprehensive website on the IJN Imperial Japanese Navy Y:"Let us enjoy the beauty of the moon (sinking aboard Hiryu)

Return to “Scenario Design”