SOOOO close

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

kayeldee

SOOOO close

Post by kayeldee »

ok, I'm almost thre...i've figured out that there are 2 uodatess and they have to be installed in a specific order, now I believe I have both downdonloaded but i dont in know the order they need to be installed and do I need to run thr game between each install?? god---im so close its killing me...
Paullus

RE: SOOOO close

Post by Paullus »

Run Update 1 through the Start Menu (Check for updates). This is the only Official update you need.

There is a Beta update but it is not necessary and mainly solves an issue for those running the game in 1024x768 resolution. You can find it here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4098409

Also if you plan to create your own scenarios there is a small update here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4082403
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
kayeldee

Post by kayeldee »

i couldve sworn i posted something like this " now it wont allow me to install the upaes,. its telling me itsmissing a file titled aursire.dll or something similar to that...i tried to find the file online but that was no help
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
kayeldee

Post by kayeldee »

ok...it looked as if it were working, until just now, I had an StuG or an StuH (i cant remember which) but I started to move it and instead of moving, it thought i had intended to fire (i dont know how it got that thought inTO its cpu, which brought up the Ma/Coax/Bmg/Aamg choice, but since there were enemy units in my LOS, I targeted an empty house and since there was no target,there was no ammunition type to fire,SO, the game froze up...this is rapidly going from "Best $50 ever spent" to "Worst $50 ever spent"...REALLY TICKING ME OFF
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Okay, could you make savegame files when you run into problems? By your description it looks that you tried to move in the Fire Segment. It happens to me every now and then that I get too eager and tries to do stuff in the wrong Segment.

You can't target an empty hex, there needs to be targets in the hex. If the small weapon window (MA/BMG/CMG/AAMG) is all grayed out you close it by using the esc key on the keyboard.
kayeldee

Post by kayeldee »

i'm pretty sure i wasnt ina fire phase, but i could be wrong...b8ut be that as it may, there should e an 'out' whenthat happens but instead i had to ctrl-alt-del, to the game to release me...there really should be a better way
kayeldee

Post by kayeldee »

AGAIN!!

ImageImage

INCLUDED PIC...WHAT WAS HAPPENING
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

I can see that this is the AI Movement Segment. The Human can not move during the AI Movement Segment but he can react to Enemy (AI) movement by reaction fire. Also I can see that you are trying to fire at the Infantry Stack with your ART Gun. This should work just fine but for some reason it doesn't. If you have a save game file you could post it would help a lot to find the reason. Without that I can think of a couple of reasons:

1. The Gun has run out of ammunition, but that doesn't seem to be the case
2. The unit you are firing at hasn't moved but that should also trigger another window
3. There is a bug for that Gun type. We will have to check that.

If you could provide a save game file we will find the error faster but if you don't we will try to duplicate the error.

Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Okay I have checked the Gun and the game and it works fine. You will also get the grayed out window if you click on an empty hex. That is the most probable event that has happened.

kayeldee

Post by kayeldee »

ORIGINAL: Paullus

Okay I have checked the Gun and the game and it works fine. You will also get the grayed out window if you click on an empty hex. That is the most probable event that has happened.

hnnnm i wonder
kayeldee

Post by kayeldee »

ok, now what???
I'm trying to move the circled tiger II, I'm in the correct phase and the correct side, I've started motion. I haven't fired on anything. the AFV is free from immobilization and neither is she bogged or mird, ive selected the tank in the window at the bottom and whenever i try to move into either of the hexes in nmy hull CA the selection don below stops being blue and reverts to unselected and nothing else happens, fortunately, it doesn't require me to shut down the game, but i'd really like to have my heavy hitter in the mix

amended:
ImageImage
[/img]

And what are those red dots?

Also, how is setting up handled?
rico21

Post by rico21 »

[:D]

Attachments
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg (105.27 KiB) Viewed 257 times
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Very strange. Could you post a save game file of the event so I could check your situation? Save the game zip it and post.
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

What kind of setup you are allowed to do is determined by the scenario designer. In most official scenarios the units are pre setup and you can't move them. Otherwise there are setup zones that you can setup your units in. In the pre-game Segment you'll see the units in the box to the bottom. Either use the button Quick Setup or click on a unit in the box to select and place in one of the setup zones available.
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

[:D] rico I like your sense of humor
kayeldee

Post by kayeldee »

[quote]ORIGINAL: Paullus

Very strange. Could you post a save game file of the event so I could check your situation? Save the game zip it and post.
[/where is the save game file??
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

First to save the game you click on File and then on Sage Game in the Menu bar or just click on the save icon in the tool bar.

You might have selected a directory of your own when you first saved your first game otherwise there is two options where the files are located, due to Windows way of working

1. In the Save directory in the Tigers on the Hunt game directory

or most likely

2. In C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Tigers On The Hunt\Save

Return to “Tech Support”