If you want to discuss politics

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

bairdlander2

If you want to discuss politics

Post by bairdlander2 »

Please go here http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/Much more freedom than this forum.
Aurelian

RE: If you want to discuss politics

Post by Aurelian »

http://political-crossfire.com/ is better.

Was a member in it's first life. It's since been brought back, just haven't joined yet.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

I use USMB, United States Message Board.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

Please go here http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/Much more freedom than this forum.

Or you could go to just about any "Religion, Politics, and Flame Wars" internet forum like the one at Grogheads if politics is what you feel you absolutely must post about.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

How the heck talking about the pound got squashed escapes me. I can understand Politics and Religion, but now they want to add economics? Maybe they should just delete General Discussions and tell everyone to just stick to their preferred game forums. Might cut down on spam too.

It appears the Ausy Girlie thread is ok, so clearly sex sells :) Although I wish there was a cute cowboys and lumber jacks thread. But being the only female here, I guess it wouldn't interest anyone but me.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer

How the heck talking about the pound got squashed escapes me.
Soon we could/would be debating the Brexit. Actually, most of the times, there's no big difference between debating political and economical views. Right?
It appears the Ausy Girlie thread is ok, so clearly sex sells :)
There's no heat debating there. Otherwise....

Please don't derail this thread about the forum politics.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

Or you could go to just about any "Religion, Politics, and Flame Wars" internet forum like the one at Grogheads if politics is what you feel you absolutely must post about.
I put up link to Armchair General as they also discuss games and many of the same characters/hippies from this forum are also on Armchair General
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Greybriar

I put up link to Armchair General as they also discuss games and many of the same characters/hippies from this forum are also on Armchair General

You forgot "Baby Boomers"...[:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

There's also doggie's "drivethru". http://www.maddogdrivethru.net/,
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

Well I can't really complain. Smartest thing the forum ever did was delete Art of Wargaming.

Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

Sorry doggie believes in censorship of anyone that disagrees with him.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

Sorry doggie believes in censorship of anyone that disagrees with him.
That guy use to troll here quite often,he is listed as a moderator here,yet has not been online here since 2011.And I agree,say anything he does not agree with an it's an instant ban.
operating

Post by operating »

How the heck talking about the pound got squashed escapes me. I can understand Politics and Religion, but now they want to add economics? Maybe they should just delete General Discussions and tell everyone to just stick to their preferred game forums. Might cut down on spam too.

It appears the Ausy Girlie thread is ok, so clearly sex sells :) Although I wish there was a cute cowboys and lumber jacks thread. But being the only female here, I guess it wouldn't interest anyone but me.

There's actually 2 female members that have been active here: You and Rhonda ....
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

How the heck talking about the pound got squashed escapes me. I can understand Politics and Religion, but now they want to add economics? Maybe they should just delete General Discussions and tell everyone to just stick to their preferred game forums. Might cut down on spam too. It appears the Ausy Girlie thread is ok, so clearly sex sells :) Although I wish there was a cute cowboys and lumber jacks thread. But being the only female here, I guess it wouldn't interest anyone but me.

What I don't get is why discussing money making opportunities would not add much value to this place? There should be a thread devoted to that here. I understand not many trade FOREX, but perhaps some would look into that opportunity and learn more about it. The excuse to delete the thread was that someone might mention "Brexit", fine, no problem, except no one did, and until someone does, should that not be the trigger point?

On the other hand the "Aussie girly thread" borders on sickening when one of the frequent posters there thinks its ok to post a photo of a girl he knows very well and is friends with, and then mentions how he would like to sexually ravage her. I'm sure if that young woman saw her photos on here and read those comments about her by her male 'friend', at the least their relationship would change, and maybe she might have cause for a lawsuit (vs Matrix). Where was the moderator there? Quick on something that might be political, no where to be seen on something that could effect the company financially.

Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Guys this is not the place for that. If you want to talk about these things please take it somewhere else. These subjects invariable turn nasty and political and we just don't allow that here. This is place to discuss games and to enjoy the hobby. We do tolerate some lighthearted off topic discussions but not this kind.

You know the rules so any threads questioning these rules will also be closed as I don't have the time to keep repeating myself :) The moderators decision is final.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Return to “General Discussion”