Italian Synth Oil Help Please

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

AllenK

Italian Synth Oil Help Please

Post by AllenK »

Italy spent 8 BP's to build the 8 BP Synth Oil.

It appears the game has selected the 10 BP one to put on the reinforcement track.

Can this be swapped for the correct one using the debug tools? If so, we would be grateful if someone can do this as it is unlikely the 10 BP one will be able to be placed in Libya (I'm not sure which hex it goes to) and even if placed, there would be problems using the oil due to the need for CP's in the Med.

Italy can't afford the loss of 8 BP's that could have been spent on a decent Nav-3, pilot and sub for example.

Game file attached.

Thanks
Attachments
1stPKBR063.zip
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
AlbertN

RE: Italian Synth Oil Help Please

Post by AlbertN »

Technically due to the different cost - you should see in the Production phase which one of the two is actually "picked", since the remaining BPs are effectively different.
(You start with like 11 BP, you buy Sinth. Oil. If you get the 10 costing one you remain with 1 BP, if you have still 3 BP, that's the 8 costing one you got!)

Meanwhile I've no debug tool, unless the game has progressed heavily on, you can just restart from the production phase of Italy.
Mayhemizer_slith

Post by Mayhemizer_slith »

We have played one entire turn after building that synth plant.
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

-Murphy's war law
AllenK

Post by AllenK »

ORIGINAL: Cohen

Technically due to the different cost - you should see in the Production phase which one of the two is actually "picked", since the remaining BPs are effectively different.
(You start with like 11 BP, you buy Sinth. Oil. If you get the 10 costing one you remain with 1 BP, if you have still 3 BP, that's the 8 costing one you got!)

Meanwhile I've no debug tool, unless the game has progressed heavily on, you can just restart from the production phase of Italy.

Italy didn't have 10 BP to spend when it built the Synth, so the only one possible was the 8 BP one. The game allowed a choice of which one to build.
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

To be honest: I wouldn't make this change if it was one of my games. Too dangerous with the debug tool to move/place units...
Peter
AllenK

Post by AllenK »

At the moment the Synth Oil hasn't been placed. It's in the Reinforcement pool, scheduled to arrive in Jan/Feb 41. The other one is in the Force Pool. Is it possible to swap them without causing problems elsewhere?
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: AllenK

At the moment the Synth Oil hasn't been placed. It's in the Reinforcement pool, scheduled to arrive in Jan/Feb 41. The other one is in the Force Pool. Is it possible to swap them without causing problems elsewhere?

I don't know. Sometimes one does the change and if a unit has to arrive, you suddenly run into a Mad Except. Or you get a Mad Except at the production planning. Or you get a Mad Except immediately. Or you don't get it.

Like I said: it's dangerous, so I wouldn't do this in one of my games...

If you would ask to change the status of a unit on the map (from disorganised to organised), or to change hex control, provided there isn't a unit in the hex of the other side, I would not hesitate to fix such a thing. But this one? Too dangerous...
Peter
AllenK

Post by AllenK »

Okay thanks. Worth a try.

Return to “Tech Support”