Need help with Iphone 4

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

demyansk

Need help with Iphone 4

Post by demyansk »

I found an Iphone 4 with my metal detector this morning. I was able to get it charged but I am unable to find the owner, since the screen is locked. Now, the screen remains black even though it's charged. I did press the physical home button and the wake button at the same time. The apple icon shows up, disappears and nothing. I know before, I had the screen up and a verizon 3g was noticed on the top left of the screen. It didn't have Siri on it to find the owner.

Now, nothing but a black screen, any experts out there about how to get this thing working again. I would like to get back to owner
TulliusDetritus

RE: Need help with Iphone 4

Post by TulliusDetritus »

Give it to the cops?
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
jacktimes2

Post by jacktimes2 »

It may have been remotely deactivated. At that point, not even the owner can track it. Agreed you should give it to the cops, though who knows what they'll do with it, honestly.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks guys, I ended putting the thing in rice
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: demjansk

Thanks guys, I ended putting the thing in rice

What does that mean? You put it in rice? I imagine if you brought it to the police station to turn it in you may have been a suspect in their eyes and not an upstanding citizen doing your duty.
TulliusDetritus

ORIGINAL: Zap
What does that mean? You put it in rice?

I assume he is literal. You put the thing (wet?) in rice to dry it out. I had tried this method with my nephew's gameboy years ago but to no avail.

Attachments
iphone5s..airrice.jpg
iphone5s..airrice.jpg (62.86 KiB) Viewed 47 times
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
TulliusDetritus

ORIGINAL: Zap

I imagine if you brought it to the police station to turn it in you may have been a suspect in their eyes and not an upstanding citizen doing your duty.

That would be the surrealistic part! [:D]
Zap

Post by Zap »

Oh , had not heard of that before. So if he dries it out what hope is there of opening it up to find the owner. He still has to be able to get past security, right?
TulliusDetritus

You dry it out expecting that the thing might eventually work, yes [:)] The method does not work always though (the gameboy example). You just try, just in case.
british exil

Post by british exil »

Doesn't the I-phone have a serial number, that can be traced to a telephone company/provider, that in turn can trace the owner?

How would it be possible to determine if an I-Phone was stolen, when found by police?

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

It worked when I got it home and charged it up, then all of a sudden I got the black screen and it wouldn't work. I think the screen was going and I could tell moisture was inside due to the camera area had condensation on it. I have it in the rice now and looked this morning and it showed a half lit screen. If I can get the screen to show I will bring to verizon. I don't need the darn thing since I don't even have a cell phone - I am a dinosaur with the cell phones - don't want one and don't need one. I still figure things out the old fashioned way - with my brain. The lousy part of this phone is that I need a screw driver with a tiny tiny bit. Someone said on the web that you can find owner once you get the numbers from the inside.

Oh well - thanks for the help on this one.
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: demjansk

It worked when I got it home and charged it up, then all of a sudden I got the black screen and it wouldn't work. I think the screen was going and I could tell moisture was inside due to the camera area had condensation on it. I have it in the rice now and looked this morning and it showed a half lit screen. If I can get the screen to show I will bring to verizon. I don't need the darn thing since I don't even have a cell phone - I am a dinosaur with the cell phones - don't want one and don't need one. I still figure things out the old fashioned way - with my brain. The lousy part of this phone is that I need a screw driver with a tiny tiny bit. Someone said on the web that you can find owner once you get the numbers from the inside.

Oh well - thanks for the help on this one.

Ithink you can find a kit with those screw drivers at WalMart. Watch repair kit is what you should look for. They are inexpensive. Actually come in handy good to have around

Return to “General Discussion”