Has this game become vaporware?

3D version of Close Combat
Nomada_Firefox

RE: Has this game become vaporware?

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

Any info??? is a little strange see other titles in future offering images and here the same old lack of anything...
Please tell me one game at developing with a publisher where you can know a lot of information few time before the release. Do not count early access.

Because I do not know too many titles making it. Or......do I know one single title publishing a lot of stuff before it is finished? I do not remember one.

Games publishing stuff before they are finished, they are showing it to the public because they are searching a publisher or they are early access games.
TDefender

Post by TDefender »

ORIGINAL: Nomada_Firefox

Please tell me one game at developing with a publisher where you can know a lot of information few time before the release. Do not count early access.

Again mate? Are you really serious? most of games, even "here" coming from Matrix/Slithering gave some pre-release (no on early access and even several months before the release) screenshots and gameplay info. Order of Battle: Pacific, Gary Grisgy's titles, Decisive Battle series, Pike and Shots, Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of Shogun , all Ageod's games and so on [8|]

Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

ORIGINAL: TDefender

ORIGINAL: Nomada_Firefox

Again mate? Are you really serious? most of games, even "here" coming from Matrix/Slithering gave some pre-release (no on early access and even several months before the release) screenshots and gameplay info. Order of Battle: Pacific, Gary Grisgy's titles, Decisive Battle series, Pike and Shots, Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of Shogun , all Ageod's games and so on [8|]

Sorry but most of the games from Slitherine/Matrix, they are not showed before the enter in the last beta. Other publishers make similar things.
Tactics

Post by Tactics »

It is clear that there is nothing going on with this game. The only time the sole developer EVER posts is when he is trying to defend himself from the understandably frustrated and skeptical customer base.

Oh yes, many games provide information as the game is being developed. Mount and Blade II for example - a developer blog has been on going for the past 2 years. In this blog they do things like communicate and answer questions. Sometimes they even post screenshots. It's an amazing process to behold, a steady stream of monthly updates and information.

Groundbreaking.

This game has 1 developer and a few freelance artists. That shows us where its at on the priority list for Matrix/Slithering.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Tactics,

I understand you are frustrated with the lack of updates. There is some discussion going on now about making a progress update for the community, and hopefully that will occur in the relatively near future.

Steve
Platoon_Michael

Post by Platoon_Michael »

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

Tactics,

I understand you are frustrated with the lack of updates. There is some discussion going on now about making a progress update for the community, and hopefully that will occur in the relatively near future.

Steve

How Pathetic,

"There's some discussion."
he says.

Some

Just some.

One can only assume that this game isn't going anywhere.

If it was the only natural reaction would be for them to be "EXCITED" about giving an update.

Instead..................they are discussing it.
Platoon_Michael

Maybe it would be more interesting if we discuss the characteristics of the Flux Capacitor,That I'm going to install in my Duesenberg
Once I buy the car that is.

I'm still working on it.

Attachments
flux_capac..-d7ylukm.jpg
flux_capac..-d7ylukm.jpg (155.53 KiB) Viewed 78 times
Platoon_Michael

Its either that or we can discuss how lint gets in ones belly button.
TIK

Post by TIK »

ORIGINAL: Platoon_Michael

How Pathetic,

he says.

Some

Just some.

If it was the only natural reaction would be for them to be "EXCITED" about giving an update.

Or perhaps they're working to make this game as good as it can be?

It's not "pathetic" to not release a game that's unfinished. Yes, we all want a new 3D Close Combat game NOW. But I'd much rather wait a couple years and have a decent game than have them release something far too early and screw this up. It should be done when it's done and not a moment early. The more work they put in now the more benefit we'll see later when the game is released.

On the flip side, I did suggest a couple years ago that a simple development diary would be ideal, even if it was only updated once every few months. I still think it's the simple solution here. Paradox does it with their games, as do the developers of Unity of Command http://unityofcommand.net/blog/ - in their case, there's sometimes MONTHS between updates, but you don't hear people complaining about their next game not being released yet.
I have a Youtube Channel that features Close Combat and Panzer Corps Let's Plays and videos, as well as historical documentaries.
Platoon_Michael

ORIGINAL: TIK
ORIGINAL: Platoon_Michael

How Pathetic,

he says.

Some

Just some.

Or perhaps they're working to make this game as good as it can be?

It's not "pathetic" to not release a game that's unfinished. Yes, we all want a new 3D Close Combat game NOW. But I'd much rather wait a couple years and have a decent game than have them release something far too early and screw this up. It should be done when it's done and not a moment early. The more work they put in now the more benefit we'll see later when the game is released.

On the flip side, I did suggest a couple years ago that a simple development diary would be ideal, even if it was only updated once every few months. I still think it's the simple solution here. Paradox does it with their games, as do the developers of Unity of Command http://unityofcommand.net/blog/ - in their case, there's sometimes MONTHS between updates, but you don't hear people complaining about their next game not being released yet.

Troll
Platoon_Michael

ORIGINAL: Tactics

It is clear that there is nothing going on with this game. The only time the sole developer EVER posts is when he is trying to defend himself from the understandably frustrated and skeptical customer base.

Oh yes, many games provide information as the game is being developed. Mount and Blade II for example - a developer blog has been on going for the past 2 years. In this blog they do things like communicate and answer questions. Sometimes they even post screenshots. It's an amazing process to behold, a steady stream of monthly updates and information.

Groundbreaking.

This game has 1 developer and a few freelance artists. That shows us where its at on the priority list for Matrix/Slithering.

I agree with Tactics,

This game is fueled by Devs defending themselves.

And Trolls who believe in them.
Platoon_Michael

And then theirs the fools who believe this will be the next Great CC to walk the face of the Earth.
despite no 2nd story buildings,No Strat Map.No 2 0n2 MP.
No this,No that.No the other thing.

And well you go read their Blah,Blah,Blah.

Based upon the cost of the re-releases one can only assume if this game does see the light of day it's gonna require a co-signer to purchase.
Platoon_Michael

There is however still the issue on how lint gets in ones belly button on the table to be discussed.

I think Tik or Stwa can help us on the topic with a video.
I know Stwa isnt doing anything right now. :)
Zap

Post by Zap »

I've held off purchasing other CC games hoping for a while now, I would get the new release. I finally just stopped considering any of the games in the series.

Will wait bt hoping this does not follow the path of Combined Arms! Where all you hear is the echo.
DAK_Legion

Post by DAK_Legion »

For 3 or 4 quarter Steve???

2016 or.........
heia safari!
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

You guys need a beer or two.

Hard-core Spectre
Platoon_Michael

Instead of an update...............I need a few beers.

Looks to me as if Kanov is either a Beta Tester.................

Or a Suck UP!
Platoon_Michael

Whats even funnier is they have never even posted what this game will be like.

Oh yes,
You got tid bits here and there.

But they've never once said................here's what were doing........here's what your getting.

There's no sticky thread here about this game,from them.

And all of you are like children worshiping the Lollypop King.
Platoon_Michael

DUDE!

This isn't happening!
This game will NEVER make it to your PC.

This game will NOT be the next Great PC Strategy game.

Oh and btw
Sulla isn't the next best thing since sliced bread either.

So take you simpleton ass on over to the Matrix store and buy a re-released game fo X=amount of $$$$$$
And then come back and well guess what?...............
We'll call you Stupid for paying full price.

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”