Not another Gettysburg game

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

goodwoodrw

Not another Gettysburg game

Post by goodwoodrw »

Gettysburg and Bulge games keep coming and coming and coming!! Ooh just something different would fun. This new game just announced doesn't appear to have any strikingly new elements to set it apart from any other recent release.
Formerly Goodwood

GaryChildress

RE: Not another Gettysburg game

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: BASB

Gettysburg and Bulge games keep coming and coming and coming!! Ooh just something different would fun. This new game just announced doesn't appear to have any strikingly new elements to set it apart from any other recent release.

Maybe it's a first person shooter. [:D]
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: BASB

warspite1

DC:B proved it is possible to breath some new life into a well worn game path. But yes, I agree, generally the same old subjects being re-cycled is just boring. [:(]

Did I mention there is room out there for a detailed, naval, land and air War in the Mediterranean 1940-1943 game? [:D]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

i'm looking forward to see how this one is presented.

Thanks
Rick
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ORIGINAL: Rick

i'm looking forward to see how this one is presented.

Thanks
Rick

+1
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

ORIGINAL: warspite1
Did I mention there is room out there for a detailed, naval, land and air War in the Mediterranean 1940-1943 game? [:D]

This might interest you. Or not, who knows.

There is already a sort of game like this. A Witp mod made by Fremen [8D] As you may easiy deduce the "witp" thing automatically means it has to be detailed, if not utterly detailed. AND daily turns.

http://mathubert.free.fr/files_witp.htm#witm

IIRC the mod was made before the relase of AE therefore you only need the original witp from 2004.

I never tried the mod but read positive opinions from players.

EDIT: if you are interested, you may see there are two possibilities: the original made by Fremen and the Nik[ademus] version. The latter: Nikademus was a player who wanted to fix the AA of the original game (witp): too weak or too powerful, I can't remember. I assume he did the same with this mod.
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

Warspite, I have just read the Readme of the mod. Looks like Dixie (the Euros competition thing) collaborated (he did the plane art). Maybe he tried the mod in depth: he could give you a detailed opinion.
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
wings7

Post by wings7 »

How about this recent release "Civil War: 1863"...fairly simple, nice graphics. I have not played it, it is on sale...[:)]
http://store.steampowered.com/app/436270
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

One review mentions there do not appear to be any historical battles! Bit off putting IMO.
A Sharif
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Shenandoah is doing Gettysburg, as they did the Bulge. They are a step above HexWar, imo. It probably will be better than Battleplan Civil War on Steam ($2.50) and maybe as good as Ultimate General Gettysburg on Steam.

TBH, BvsB on Matrix did not ring my civil war bell for $50 - plus, no updates, dlc, modding improvements, nothing. So maybe better off with these discount titles.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Alan Sharif

One review mentions there do not appear to be any historical battles! Bit off putting IMO.

A quote from the developer "Includes battles based on historic events", does not sound totally historical...
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

I'd like an Avalon Hill's GUNFIGHT game ported to the PC, turn based of course with lots of random scenarios and characters. Much like Six Gun Saga which is a lot of fun since I modded it but he didn't finish it really and make it more one on one instead of winner take all. Interesting concept of battle though using playing cards and how he let you use them in the fights.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

I'd like an Avalon Hill's GUNFIGHT game ported to the PC, turn based of course with lots of random scenarios and characters. Much like Six Gun Saga which is a lot of fun since I modded it but he didn't finish it really and make it more one on one instead of winner take all. Interesting concept of battle though using playing cards and how he let you use them in the fights.

I think you mean "Gunslinger", a PC version would be awesome! I own Gunslinger, have not played it in years. It's even playable solitaire (although not very good)...I might have to revisit this game again real soon! [:)]
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1044/gunslinger

Return to “General Discussion”