Soviet commander 41-45 wanted

For non-server PBEM games, post here to look for an opponent.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Aditia

Soviet commander 41-45 wanted

Post by Aditia »

Hey guys,

So I did my wee practice run [;)]
Now looking to play a GC server game as Axis.

I have not played a 41-45 game so don't expect me to be able to give the best challenge, but I have been reading up and I'll be fine :) I am happy to play both a fellow novice or an experienced player.

After maybe a slower start because of planning strategy during the first couple of turns, I should be able to do 3 or 4 turns during the week and at least 2 in the weekend.

Happy to play with the common house rules, and I'd appreciate a steer on this.

The following I copied from Pelton looks fine, but I put some questions underscored:

Server game
Locked HQ Support
Full FOW I assume this means FOW+Movement FOW?

House Rules:
No Para drops
No bombing of air bases more than 3 times a turn (after turn 1)
No bombing of HQ's unless stacked with a ground unit
No naval invasions before November 1941, none outside the 1939 Soviet borders before January 1943
In addition if Sevastopol is either isolated, or in German hands, none west of the Crimea,
which reflects the scope for air/naval interdiction not really reflected in the game. Does this affect see movement of troops to expedite advance? e.g. Riga gambit?
30 day rule = no turns in 30 days by one player the other wins by default.
New Patches will be used as soon as possible.

Additional Auto VC:
If the Axis player holds
Leningrad, Moscow, Voronezh and Rostov concurrently at any time in 1941 he wins
an Auto Victory. No need to waste any ones time as we all know the end results based on past games if these cities fall in 1941.

Optional Rules Setup:

Mild Blizzard Rules
Random Weather
No 1:1 = 2:1

or

Mild Blizzard Rules
Non- Random Weather
Yes 1:1 = 2:1
Is the consensus that mild blizzard rules are needed for a competitive game? Does that have to do with the manpower pool available to the Germans?

Cheers,

Aditia
HardLuckYetAgain

RE: Soviet commander 41-45 wanted

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: Aditia

Hey guys,

So I did my wee practice run [;)]
Now looking to play a GC server game as Axis.

I have not played a 41-45 game so don't expect me to be able to give the best challenge, but I have been reading up and I'll be fine :) I am happy to play both a fellow novice or an experienced player.

After maybe a slower start because of planning strategy during the first couple of turns, I should be able to do 3 or 4 turns during the week and at least 2 in the weekend.

Happy to play with the common house rules, and I'd appreciate a steer on this.

The following I copied from Pelton looks fine, but I put some questions underscored:

Server game
Locked HQ Support
Full FOW I assume this means FOW+Movement FOW?

House Rules:
No Para drops
No bombing of air bases more than 3 times a turn (after turn 1)
No bombing of HQ's unless stacked with a ground unit
No naval invasions before November 1941, none outside the 1939 Soviet borders before January 1943
In addition if Sevastopol is either isolated, or in German hands, none west of the Crimea,
which reflects the scope for air/naval interdiction not really reflected in the game. Does this affect see movement of troops to expedite advance? e.g. Riga gambit?
30 day rule = no turns in 30 days by one player the other wins by default.
New Patches will be used as soon as possible.

Additional Auto VC:
If the Axis player holds
Leningrad, Moscow, Voronezh and Rostov concurrently at any time in 1941 he wins
an Auto Victory. No need to waste any ones time as we all know the end results based on past games if these cities fall in 1941.

Optional Rules Setup:

Mild Blizzard Rules
Random Weather
No 1:1 = 2:1

or

Mild Blizzard Rules
Non- Random Weather
Yes 1:1 = 2:1
Is the consensus that mild blizzard rules are needed for a competitive game? Does that have to do with the manpower pool available to the Germans?

Cheers,

Aditia

The 1:1 = 2:1 rule IMHO should only be used for a Soviet player who is below the experience of the German player. Just my 2 cents.
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
Aditia

RE: Soviet commander 41-45 wanted

Post by Aditia »

Still looking :)
Aditia

RE: Soviet commander 41-45 wanted (Closed)

Post by Aditia »

Opponent found, rules agreed, server game.

I may do an AAR :)

Return to “Opponents Wanted”