Message log: not sure if a bug or not

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

HalfLifeExpert

Message log: not sure if a bug or not

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

I generally like to have my message log in a separate window, but i always was able to simply minimize it, now i cannot seem to do that, there is only the red X to close the window and return the log to the main screen.

Is this a bug? or did you change the window? I am running the latest non-beta build on steam
ComDev

RE: Message log: not sure if a bug or not

Post by ComDev »

Yeah this is by design. When the window was minimized, Windows sometimes managed to lose track of its prior position. Esp on systems with multiple monitors or laptops switching between monitors. And when restored, the window was moved to a location outside the screen. This generated quite a few support tickets (although fixing the problem is quite simple, via Reset Position in Options window, but then again not many actually seem to read the manual haha).

Thus, we disabled the minimize functionality.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
HalfLifeExpert

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

Oh I see, thanks for the clarification, so will I just have to drag the windowed log off to the side and make it smaller then. I don't have the option of a second monitor so I'll just have to make do
Dysta

Post by Dysta »

Since I use iPad as a temporary screen extension, I have habits to drag all the windows back to main monitor when I don't use it. Never realized there's the reset position in game, instead of disable separate windows and restart the game.

Return to “Tech Support”