New mod Wars on the Horizon

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

DOCUP

RE: New mod Wars on the Horizon

Post by DOCUP »

Now you all have me thinking of some other things to add that could of made it into the pacific. I do love the added flavors.
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

ORIGINAL: DOCUP

One thing that has stopped me from doing the Italians and other is that I don't have any art work for somethings. He 100 is interesting since I do have it in the game, but I don't think I have art for it in German markings. Having a decent German base could make it more plausible to have more upgrades to German ships.

Just wanted to make sure you were aware of Gary's great work on the Italian Navy:

fb.asp?m=3785086
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Para: Oh yea I have Gary's threads in my favorites. I usually won't put something in if I don't have art work. Italian AC is something I don't have or know of anyone who does. Every now and then I might ask for art work. I have to agree with Cadras, this is a fun hobby. I can't wait to play it. But I have so much fun tinkering with it. This mod has grown way beyond my initial thoughts.

Thanks guys keep your comments coming. I do enjoy it.
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

Para: Oh yea I have Gary's threads in my favorites. I usually won't put something in if I don't have art work. Italian AC is something I don't have or know of anyone who does. Every now and then I might ask for art work. I have to agree with Cadras, this is a fun hobby. I can't wait to play it. But I have so much fun tinkering with it. This mod has grown way beyond my initial thoughts.

I know the feeling - Focus Pacific has been the same way for me.
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Yea, but you have more gumption then me. You have went and put stuff I. Your mod that you didn't have art work for i salute you for that. I also like you went your own way with your mod. I like it. Wish I wasn't in the middle of mine, so I could play with your game.
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Ok, adding the AC/engine factories. I gave them 5. I also added BF 109G2 and G6. Did all the G6 models have the 2 13mm guns in the wings with 20mm underwing gun-pods? Besides speed and guns I didn't change anything else.

Any other ideas or comments, before I finish up and release the mod? How do you guys post multiple pics in one post?
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

Ok, adding the AC/engine factories. I gave them 5. I also added BF 109G2 and G6. Did all the G6 models have the 2 13mm guns in the wings with 20mm underwing gun-pods? Besides speed and guns I didn't change anything else.

Any other ideas or comments, before I finish up and release the mod? How do you guys post multiple pics in one post?

I use imgur, a free image host. Just drag and drop the pictures that you want, and click upload.
Once they're uploaded, right click on the image you want, copy the image address and then use image tags to put it in your post.
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

BF 109G6 is nasty with the 2 20mm in gun-pods. Now my question is would you all put them as front or upward facing?

Paradigmblue: Thanks I will have to look into that.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

If night fighter's then up, if day fighters then front. Now a night fighter would also have some front facing weapons....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
traskott

Post by traskott »

The 109G-6 had only one 20mm and two 13mms as basic weaponry. Usually had two more 20mms in pods to fight FFs, but could carry even 2x30mm.... "Problem" with G-6 is the s**load of sub-variants it got... [:)]
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Unless you say no. I kinda like the G6 with the 30mm in the nose 2 13mm in the wings and 2 20mm in gun pods under the wings. This will be a nice bomber killer. The problem is only 3 squadrons should be allowed to fly them by HR.
traskott

Post by traskott »

The G model with a 30mm in the nose was the G-10.
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Updated. Sorry for the long update
scout1

Post by scout1 »

Updated. Sorry for the long update

Working on Turn 0 with V1.04. Will an upgrade to v1.06 Beta impact this work ? ie, will I need to start over ?
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Yes, Scout you will sorry. Updated.
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

just tried running 1.06 but was getting a "scenario failed to load" message - it may well be me installing wrong but thought i'd mention it

as an aside should this mod be run with withdrawals on or off?

thanks

EDIT : missing wps035.dat file??
scout1

Post by scout1 »

ORIGINAL: sanderz

just tried running 1.06 but was getting a "scenario failed to load" message - it may well be me installing wrong but thought i'd mention it

thanks

Mine loaded fine, though my opponent got the same error message. I suggested he try to re-download .....
scout1

Post by scout1 »

ORIGINAL: scout1

ORIGINAL: sanderz

thanks

Mine loaded fine, though my opponent got the same error message. I suggested he try to re-download .....

Actually you are correct ..... I had v1.04 previously installed, so had the previous version of wps035.dat .... I looked at the zip download file and it is missing
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Sorry about that guys updated. Thanks for telling me.
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

couple of quick comments...

1) Should the me109s factory upgrade to the next model?

2) Probably a bad install but in tracker i am seeing the wrong pics for the A6M3b/A6M4/A6M4j and G5N2/G5N3 - if its not me then there may be others as i have only had a quick look at some of the Jap planes

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”