Either side Bitter End-server game

For non-server PBEM games, post here to look for an opponent.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

chaos45

Either side Bitter End-server game

Post by chaos45 »

No para drops
Limited naval invasions
Mild winter

Been awhile since I started a game so any other options someone wants let me know.

Would like someone that can do 3+ turns per week most weeks as I can usually flip a turn a day pretty easy.

Not going to claim to be an expert for Germans but willing to give it a try lol....as well would be nice to try the russians with all the new changes.
Bozo_the_Clown

RE: Either side Bitter End-server game

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

Ooops
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

closed- off to see how i can do as zee Germans now lol
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

ORIGINAL: chaos45

closed- off to see how i can do as zee Germans now lol

Who izz youz playing? You doing an AAR?
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

I may depending on how bad I suck as zee Germans...thought about taking pictures or T1 but is very busy so prolly T2 on will start doing some screen. Playing Bozo.

My opening was ehh, not great but I dont think completely horrible routed far to many soviet units.
Icier

Post by Icier »

You better hope that your opposition hasn't read any of your post about how to create a "super" Russian cavalry Unit. I remember them well &
so do my captured Panzer units!
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

ya only played like the first 5-6 turns as the Germans vs a friend...so is new.....I will say it seems the new rules have toughened up the Soviets abit more than in my last play or I just suck worse. So far the offensive is going alright but nothing grand lol.
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Ya Bozo kicked my butt, gonna have to practice the German opening alot more before taking on a skilled Soviet player. I did alright turn 1 but apparently made some bad moves T2 that allowed him to make a mess of my adavance going into T3.
HardLuckYetAgain

Ya Bozo kicked my butt, gonna have to practice the German opening alot more before taking on a skilled Soviet player. I did alright turn 1 but apparently made some bad moves T2 that allowed him to make a mess of my adavance going into T3.

What???? The game is over already?
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Ya Bozo kicked my butt, gonna have to practice the German opening alot more before taking on a skilled Soviet player. I did alright turn 1 but apparently made some bad moves T2 that allowed him to make a mess of my adavance going into T3

I really like that a usual Red player is taking on the German side. Not many of us do it. The more that do, the more that can offer an unbiased view of the state of play.
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Mike- I realize how difficult the opening offensive is for the germans. If the Germans dont get a perfect or near perfect opening offensive WITE is effectively a Soviet win. As even though the Germans can hold on for awhile due to NM they have effectively lost the game in the first couple turns of the game if they dont do really well.

The issue where game design and play need to meet is how players that have played alot can use the system to get truly exceptional german starts compared to players that havent played as that side as much. There is a huge difference in overall game play those opening turns make on a very long to play game.

Its one of the reasons I knew the game was over T3, because from playing the Soviets in several matches if the Germans arent keep u under stress in the early game they have effectively already lost, is just a fact of how the game plays.
Icier

Post by Icier »

It doesn't matter how skill full the German player is...if the Russian player is able to prevent
large encirclement( after the opening moves) until the mud comes, he wins, it as simple as that.

chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Ice----somewhat---even multiple small encirclements after turn 3 keeps the pressure on the soviet player. Steady attrition is what the German player has to keep up all summer long the soviets in 1941. Then in 1942 the Germans need to open up with some good pockets/pushes to keep the game competitive going into 1943.

I havent played much on all the new patches as me and Peltons game was mainly played under older versions of .08.....but I do think the newer ones favoring the Soviets more have went a step to far. To many people complained about how good the Germans were in 1942 compared to Soviets due to poor play on the Soviet side and it got the Soviets more bonuses than they need to survive. As really all the Soviet player has to do is survive 41/42 with an intact army and in 1943 the soviet army is more than a match for the Germans due to the NM changes.

I still talk to Pelton via email until someday maybe his ban gets removed- he has hundreds of starts as the Germans and it basically comes down to if you dont get a good start and maybe some luck around T6+ again you have probably lost as the Germans. At the moment I dont have the time to play/practice the opening a ton of times to get it down pat so Germans are prolly off the table. Also its extremely boring loading practicing and loading/practicing the super long opening turns for the germans again and again lol.
HardLuckYetAgain

Ice----somewhat---even multiple small encirclements after turn 3 keeps the pressure on the soviet player. Steady attrition is what the German player has to keep up all summer long the soviets in 1941. Then in 1942 the Germans need to open up with some good pockets/pushes to keep the game competitive going into 1943.

I havent played much on all the new patches as me and Peltons game was mainly played under older versions of .08.....but I do think the newer ones favoring the Soviets more have went a step to far. To many people complained about how good the Germans were in 1942 compared to Soviets due to poor play on the Soviet side and it got the Soviets more bonuses than they need to survive. As really all the Soviet player has to do is survive 41/42 with an intact army and in 1943 the soviet army is more than a match for the Germans due to the NM changes.

I still talk to Pelton via email until someday maybe his ban gets removed- he has hundreds of starts as the Germans and it basically comes down to if you dont get a good start and maybe some luck around T6+ again you have probably lost as the Germans. At the moment I dont have the time to play/practice the opening a ton of times to get it down pat so Germans are prolly off the table. Also its extremely boring loading practicing and loading/practicing the super long opening turns for the germans again and again lol.

Being a Veteran German player the changes in the last year has greatly enhanced the Soviet position. I know this since lately i have been playing a few games as Soviets and notice the difference from a year ago when i last played Soviets. What i have noticed is that the Germans playing me only grinds instead of getting encirclements. When i play Germans the Soviets dont defend in depth. Is it poor play or just inexperience which i believe it to be. Both of these items is what will either lead to victory (encirclements) or defeat (no defense in depth) right behind knowing logistics.
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

I dont think grinding is going to work for the Germans esp if they are already down to that in 1941. Its one of the reasons I gave up on T3 vs Bozo....I already saw that due to, to many routs and him opening up to many pocketed units slowing me down on T3 it was game over. By the time I could have gotten the situation under control again I would be facing a solid line of soviets that just stepped back until winter, then the massive counterattack with a very large Soviet army.

The game can be very predictable without a really good German opening. Long ago when I first started I thought the lvov opening was to powerful but over time and experience and even just watching other games you can easily see that without Lvov and other good German pockets T1-3 the game quickly just becomes predictable as the Soviet forces become much to large for the Germans to handle.

I hear from the posts on WITE 2 losses are much heavier for both sides so maybe that will balance it to where even wins on just pushing the front lines will kill enough of the enemy to balance things over the long haul so both sides and esp the Soviet OOB doesnt become super bloated---an the bloat is real in my game vs pelton I was purposely disbanding Soviet units to keep my OOB smaller so as not to waste trucks. As trucks became the main limiting factor on Soviet Performance in Late 1943 on.
Icier

Post by Icier »

The one thing I have noticed, because of the moral drop, the Germans are forced to use their armour to create "grind" openings a lot earlier.
Large encirclements like the Germans did are virtually impossible after turn 4-5.
HardLuckYetAgain

I dont think grinding is going to work for the Germans esp if they are already down to that in 1941. Its one of the reasons I gave up on T3 vs Bozo....I already saw that due to, to many routs and him opening up to many pocketed units slowing me down on T3 it was game over. By the time I could have gotten the situation under control again I would be facing a solid line of soviets that just stepped back until winter, then the massive counterattack with a very large Soviet army.

Grinding wont work for the Germans in 41. Plain and simply.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”