Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

genesismwt

Simple Equation

Post by genesismwt »

Simple Equation

ASL Scenario S3

Aachen, Germany 12 October 1944: The battle for the city of Aachen had
been raging since October 10th. A complicated series of maneuvers designed to
encircle the city from both the north and the south had been occupying the atten-
tion of the American command. these few units committed to the frontal assault
on Aachen had some tough going. Not only were the Aachen defenders numeri-
cally superior, but they were fighting on their home soil for one of the cherished
Nazi symbols: Aachen, home of the First Reich.

Units Human Players
German: Squads, HMG, LMG
American: Squads, MMG, FT

Maps: Two Maps

Terrain: Suburban/Urban

Scenario Length: 6.5 Game Turns

Victory objective: The Americans win by taking VL's. The British win by holding the VL's.

Adapted by: genesismwt

Attachments
Simple Equation.zip
(23.86 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
The game is afoot!

Mike
Raikkonen

RE: Simple Equation

Post by Raikkonen »

I can't seem to find "Soldier of Destruction" and "The Road to Wiltz (adapted from ASL P, maulin version)" from the list of scenarios. Are they removed?
genesismwt

Post by genesismwt »

Soldiers of Destruction is the second entry down on page 2.

Elsewhere in the forums, I have posted a zip of my entire scenario folder. It can be found there too. My last two scenario posts are in there as beta versions with no .txt files.
The game is afoot!

Mike
rico21

RE: Submitted Scenarios

Post by rico21 »

FIREFIGHT 1-PARTISANS
"Comrades, this is a main supply route for the Germans. We will mine the road and ambush the next convoy that comes from the
south. Take out as many trucks as you can and then melt away to the east. We will rendezvous at camp." -- Victor, partisan
leader 17 Oct, 1941. Remnants of cut-off Soviet infantry units, scattered after the fall of Kiev, have begun partisan activities.
A heavily armed group of partisans operating near Priluki has been tracked by soldiers from the German 161st Inf. Div. sent
to clean up the area. Worse for the Soviets, a detached squad of SS trackers are trailing a group of partisan reinforcements
arriving from the east. Germans and Russians must fight for control over the victory hex at the crossroads. German infantry and
machine gun units enter along the western edge of the map on round one. Additional Soviet rifle squads join the fight on round two,
entering along the road to the east. On round three, the Germans receive a pioneer squad as reinforcements, entering at the
north-east corner of the map.

Russian : Squads, MMG
German : Squads, LMG

Maps: One map
Terrain: Forest, Road

Scenario Length: 5 Game Turns
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ Conflict of Heroes ]
Attachments
Firefight..artisans.zip
(19.37 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Especially for Baloo7777 [;)]

PARTISANS
"Comrades, this is a main supply route for the Germans. We will mine the road and ambush the next convoy that comes from the
south. Take out as many trucks as you can and then melt away to the east. We will rendezvous at camp." -- Victor, partisan
leader 17 Oct, 1941. Remnants of cut-off Soviet infantry units, scattered after the fall of Kiev, have begun partisan activities.
A heavily armed group of partisans operating near Priluki has been tracked by soldiers from the German 161st Inf. Div. sent
to clean up the area. Worse for the Soviets, a detached squad of SS trackers are trailing a group of partisan reinforcements
arriving from the east. Germans and Russians must fight for control over the victory hex at the crossroads. German infantry and
machine gun units enter along the western edge of the map on round one. Additional Soviet rifle squads join the fight on round two,
entering along the road to the east. On round three, the Germans receive two pioneer squads as reinforcements, entering at the
north-east corner of the map.

Russian : Squads, MMG
German : Squads, LMG

Terrain: Forest, Road

Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ Conflict of Heroes ]

Attachments
Partisans.zip
(19.33 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
rico21

Post by rico21 »

TOTENKOPF
August 1941, Main highway from Narwa to Riga: Army Group North was engaged in a fierce fight for Estonia. The goal--cut off the
Red Army forces in Estonia by reaching the baltic Sea east of Riga. Stavka recognised the danger and desperately tried to
stabilise its ruptured front. The German 18th Army would have none of it, and relentlessly pushed on in the face of
diminishing resistance. Local counterattacks, trying to check the overextended German advance guards were still a danger.

German : Squads, HMG, LMG, ATR, MTR, AT, OBA, AFV
Russian : Squads, HMG, MTR, AFV

Maps: Two maps
Terrain: Road, Forest, Hills

Scenario Length: 10 Game Turns
Scenario designer:ASL'Men[Combat Mission 2 Barbarossa to Berlin]
Attachments
Totenkopf.zip
(22.06 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

ORIGINAL: Big Ivan

ORIGINAL: rico21

Dedicated to Big Ivan and to all Ambushers!

AMBUSH!
A small force of German troops is heading into the village to capture the town hall and party offices. Your partisans are
poised to ambush them. Kill as many of the invaders as you can before escaping via the north road!

Russian : Squads, LMG, ATR, DC
German : Squads, LMG, AFV

Terrain: Village

Campaign Length: 7 Game Turns
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ Lock 'n Load Heroes of Stalingrad ]

Thank you for the dedication rico21!

Got a tear in my eye, I'm touched! Appreciate it!!!

I've downloaded Ambush, definitely give this one a try next. Full book report when I'm finished.

Cheers!

Big Ivan

Well Rico, good scenario my friend!

Played as the Russians and promptly got my fanny handed to me[:@]

Killed five German squads, one leader and two German AFV's {PSW-222 & MkIV F1]. But what hurt my cause, I was locked
a few turns in Melee with the AFV's I killed. This allowed the rest of the German leaders and squads to go to work
capturing the right victory hex.

Fun quick scenario Rico, I liked it![:)]

Big Ivan
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
rico21

Post by rico21 »

Fun quick scenario Rico, I liked it!
Thanks John [:)]
rico21

Post by rico21 »

L'ABBAYE BLANCHE REVISITED
L'Abbaye Blanche, France, 8 August 1944: Supported with an artillery barrage, elements of the 2nd SS Panzer Division
assault the roadblock at L'Abbaye Blanche. In the early morning, the Germans made their way through a field close to roadblock
set up by the 823rd TD Battalion, A Company. Though the GIs were scoring hits with their antitank guns and small arms fire, the
fighting quickly became close in. At one point, Lt. Spingfield was almost immolated by a flamethrower.

American : Squads, MMG, BZK, AT
German : Squads, HMG, LMG, FT, DC, OBA ,PZF, AFV

Maps: Two maps ASL(4,11)
Terrain: Bocage, Hill

Scenario Length: 6 Game Turns
Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ WG238 ]
Attachments
LAbbayeBl..evisited.zip
(23.42 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
rico21

Post by rico21 »

D-DAY RUSSIA, BARBAROSSA
June 1941, The drive to Lvov is on! Intelligence reports indicate the Bolshevist force on your front is no match for your
well-trained and well-armed men. Your command is part of the 24th Motorized Division; you'll have light infantry, machine gun
teams, mortar, and an assault gun. your objective is to crush the ennemy and get across the river. The ennemy might position
forces on the ridgeline west of the river; drive them off or they can it your flank as you advance toward the ford. To get
across the river, you must capture at least one crossing( the ford, bridge, or both ). From the ridge west of the river to
cover your advance. The stone buildings and trenches east of the river are formidable positions. You'll need to bring fire from
your machine gun, mortar, or light infantry gun to bear on these positions to get across the river. Now, forward!

Russian : Squads, HMG, MMG, LMG, MTR, ATR, AT
German : Squads, HMG, MMG, LMG, MTR, AFV

Maps: Four maps
Terrain: Rural, River, Hills

Scenario Length: 10 Game Turns
Scenario designer:ASL'Men[ Close Combat Cross of Iron]
Attachments
DDayRuss..rbarossa.zip
(23.86 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
rico21

Post by rico21 »

CCB INTO ACTION
Le Mesnil Tove, France, 8 August 1944: The 119th Infantry Regiment and Task Force 1 of Combat Command B of the 3rd Armor
Division moved north from Reffueveille toward Le Mesnil Tove. Their goal was to cut off the 2nd Panzer Division and its drive
down the See Valley toward Avranches. The American force struck the panzers outside of the village, both sides fighting hard.

German : Squads, MMG, LMG, PZF, AT, AFV
American : Squads, MMG, BZK, AT, AFV

Maps: Two maps ASL(33,38)
Terrain: Rural

Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ WG239 ]
Attachments
CCBintoAction.zip
(22.23 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
rico21

Post by rico21 »

PUSHING BACK
East of La Rosaye, France, 8 August 1944: The 117th Infantry Regiment, 2nd and 3rd Battalions began to counterattack, moving
toward St Barthelmy. Led by LTC Walter Johnson, the troops began taking one hedgerow after another. They met stiff resistance
just outside of St Barthelmy.

German : Squads, MMG, LMG, PZF, AT
American : Squads, MMG, BZK, AFV

Maps: Two maps ASL(6,44)
Terrain: Rural, Bocage

Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ WG240 ]
Attachments
PushingBack.zip
(22.65 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
genesismwt

Tavronitis Bridge ASL Scenario 93

Post by genesismwt »

Tavronitis Bridge

ASL Scenario 93
West of MALEME, CRETE, 20 May 1941: The airfield at Maleme figured
prominently in the German plans for the capture of Crete. "Group West", com-
prising most of the 1st Assault Regiment under the command of General Meindl,
consisted of three detachments: one to land at the Tavronitis Bridge' one to
destroy the AA positions and ease the way for the following troop-carrier trans-
ports; and one to land on the slopes of Point 107, high ground to the south of the
field. Major Braun drew the task of seizing and holding the long span over the
dry Tavronitis. Given free reign to plan his assault, he decided to daringly land
in the dry bed itself and then take the British MG posts which guarded each side
of the bridge from the rear.

Units Human Players
German: Squads, LMG, MTR
British: Squads, LMG, Trenches

Maps: One Map

Terrain: Dry River Bed

Victory objective: Victory Points are awarded for Victory Locations

Game Notes;
1. Due to TotH not allowing bridges over dry land, there is no bridge, just a road.

2. Due to the lack of gliders in TotH, I played the German turn 1 to land the troops, account for the AA fire at the gliders, defensive fire at the landed troops, and the rest of the turn. One squad was lost in the landing. TotH picks up with the British half of turn 1. (ASL'ers out there, feel free manually make your own German landing and edit the scenario. The heavy lifting of converting board 8 to a dry river bed has been done for you. :P)

Attachments
TavronitisBridge.zip
(21.76 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
The game is afoot!

Mike
genesismwt

Elephants Unleashed ASL Scenario FrF23

Post by genesismwt »

Elephants Unleashed

ASL Scenario FrF23

North of Ponyri, Russia, 5 July 1943: The Germans had launched their attacks at
Kursk aiming for a double envelopment. In the early mornin of 5 July the German
General Model unleashed his 9 Armee against General Rokossovsky's well-prepared
Central Front. the German 86 Infanterie-Division was supported by elements of 18
Panzer-Division and the gigantic Ferdinand tank destroyers of schwere Panzer-
Abteilung 654...The Russian General Pukhov didn't wait until the German forces
had reached the second line of defense, but rather tried to blunt the German
attack with a counterattack mounted by the 27th Guards Tank Regiment and the 275th
Separate Engineer Battalion. The Germans would pay in blood for every inch gained
of Russian soil.

German: Squads, HMG, LMG, AFV
Russian: Squads, HMG, ATR, FT, DC, AFV, in lieu of mines and barbed wire-Hidden AT

Maps: Two Boards: Rural

Scenario Length: 5.5 Game Turns.

Victory Conditions: VP's are awarded for possession of VL's.

SSR: As the Russians, at game start, choose one of the 4 area 3 hexes as the set up hex for the AT. Its just not fair to the AI to pick the best one when the AT is available.

Attachments
ElephantsUnleashed.zip
(24.49 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
The game is afoot!

Mike
rico21

Post by rico21 »

SIMMERATH
On 16 December 1944, the 14th Cavalry Group received the full brunt of the German winter counteroffensive in the Battle of the
Bulge.Three three-story buildings dominate Simmerath. Holding the hotel, the church and the large three-story building next to
the square should be your prime objectives. After these buildings are secure you should keep the road to Baugnez clear
as a path of retreat. The forest south of the town can be used for flanking movement so guard it as well.

American : Squads, BZK, AT, AFV
German : Squads, MMG, LMG, FT, PZF, AFV

Maps: Two maps
Terrain: Village

Scenario Length: 8 Game Turns
Scenario designer:ASL'Men[ Close Combat Battle of the Bulge ]
Attachments
Simmerath.zip
(22.3 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
rico21

Post by rico21 »

THE TIGER OF ROMAGNY
Romagny, France, 9 August 1944: In an effort to relieve the surrounded units on Hill 314, American forces continued their
attacks toward Mortain. 1st Battalion of the 119th Infantry Regiment, led by Major Robert Herlong, advanced from the west to
take Romagny. The GIs were not going to repeat the mistakes from the previous day.

German : Squads, HMG, LMG, PZF, AT, AFV
American : Squads, MMG, BZK, AFV

Maps: Two maps ASL(4,17)
Terrain: Rural, Village, Bocage

Scenario designer: ASL'Men [ WG241 ]
Attachments
TheTigerofRomagny.zip
(23.33 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
MacMarkus

Post by MacMarkus »

Looks as if my eyes are gettin' too old...

I can see "Tettau's Attack" in the scenario list and I thought to have seen the download link recently, but I can't find it now.

Any clues?

Thanx in advance
Mac
genesismwt

Post by genesismwt »

To help out, here's my scenario folder. Tettau's Attack is in there.
Attachments
070816gen..ofolder.zip
(5.87 MiB) Downloaded 2420 times
The game is afoot!

Mike
MacMarkus

Post by MacMarkus »

Thank you, Mike.

I aspreciate your help.

Mac
genesismwt