overrun - undo

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

cfinch

overrun - undo

Post by cfinch »

barbarossa quick start - i can try to replicate if needed (I restarted)

over run the stack in clear near hungry. i put a unit just north to zoc it, then used the 9 and 8 factor arm and moved into space between the 6-1 (disorg) stack and the units on hungry border (using CTL) then after clicking there moved pointer to overrun stack and it says not valid. I release mouse and drop them in first hex then (flyout active) click on stack (not unit in flyout) and choose undo, it moved one unit so i click stack again and undo - unit was not in original stack. after searching i found it in a hex to north of the overrun stack

this was the public beta just prior to the 2.2.5 i just downloaded
Centuur

RE: overrun - undo

Post by Centuur »

If you can upload a gamesave inhere, it will be easier to investigate what is going wrong.

To upload a gamesave in the forums, use windows to get into the games file system, zip the gamesave file and upload it in here.

Also: after an overrun, you can't undo any land moves preceding an overrun. Same goes for capturing a factory or if you cause overstacking in a hex after undoing a move.
Peter
cfinch

Post by cfinch »

t1 save is just after overrun - hq and corp moved to space after overrun, arm continued one more space
t2 save is after undoing the hq move (moved back to overrun space) and it should be able to at least move back to where it came from...hopefully this is clear in saves, please let me know if you need more
Attachments
SavedGames.zip
(2.88 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

This looks indeed to be a bug. If you undo a move, you should be able to pick up that unit and move it elsewhere. There's a problem with von Rundstedt and the ARM here. Thanks for catching this one.

Peter
cfinch

Post by cfinch »

glad it is useful and not something silly i did ;-)

also, fwiw, in case you don't know of it (near zero impact other than minor initial confusion but it may be related to something else) after combat it says defender loses 1 (of 2) unit and when you select a unit the destroy button does not appear. if you click it again (or the other unit) it then appears and works fine. seems to be the initial one just not taking.

as i said this is a severe bottom of the pile
cfinch

Post by cfinch »

i just realized i replicated issue in my other post, this was originally about teleporting unit after undo.

I'll see if i can replicate, until then ignore ;-)
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

ORIGINAL: cfinch

glad it is useful and not something silly i did ;-)

also, fwiw, in case you don't know of it (near zero impact other than minor initial confusion but it may be related to something else) after combat it says defender loses 1 (of 2) unit and when you select a unit the destroy button does not appear. if you click it again (or the other unit) it then appears and works fine. seems to be the initial one just not taking.

as i said this is a severe bottom of the pile

That's a thing we know about, but it's far away at the bottom end of the list to fix (if it will be fixed at all)...
Peter
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: cfinch

t1 save is just after overrun - hq and corp moved to space after overrun, arm continued one more space
t2 save is after undoing the hq move (moved back to overrun space) and it should be able to at least move back to where it came from...hopefully this is clear in saves, please let me know if you need more
I wasn't able to precisely do what you did. The saved games are after the overrun has occurred.

However, using the Fast Start game I believe I came close to what you did.

The problem you encountered is that if you move a group of units to perform an overrun, you will not be able to undo their move. Now you can continue to move the units that performed the overrun, but only if you do so immediately. Moving other units after the overrun prevents the overrunning units from continuing to move. If you continued to move some of the overrunning units, but not all, then those that you left behind are not eligible to continue moving.

---

In any event, it looks like you wanted to move the HQ back to where it was before the overrun. That would be possible as part of its "continuing to move" but never as an Undo. Overrun movements cannot be Undone.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”