Strategic Map - "Groups"

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Lokasenna

Strategic Map - "Groups"

Post by Lokasenna »

I long thought this stood for air groups, but it appears to just show your own LCUs. Can anybody enlighten me as to whether this is what it's supposed to show? I've only really used the strat map for bases and task forces before, but found a use for it this past turn if it would show air groups.
Chris21wen

RE: Strategic Map - "Groups"

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

I long thought this stood for air groups, but it appears to just show your own LCUs. Can anybody enlighten me as to whether this is what it's supposed to show? I've only really used the strat map for bases and task forces before, but found a use for it this past turn if it would show air groups.

It shows groups. You can prove it easily by looking at any TF with a/c in them.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

It shows groups. You can prove it easily by looking at any TF with a/c in them.

OK, but the map doesn't look any different to me than if it's filtered for LCU. Nor would it, really, as there are going to be LCUs at places supporting air groups.

However, it's also showing my units in the middle of an island. There are no groups there. What I'm asking is why it shows LCUs to begin with?

RE: yellow dots - that means there is not 2x supply present at the base.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Play around with it. I have looked at those selections in a while but I think I recall that they are sensitive to the order in which you select or unselect things.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Play around with it. I have looked at those selections in a while but I think I recall that they are sensitive to the order in which you select or unselect things.

I deselected everything and then selected Groups. I selected Groups and LCUs then removed LCUs. Still showed a dot in the middle of an enormous island where there is no base. Makes me think it's broken and just shows LCUs, not air groups.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”