RIP Lannes and Soult and few things.

Victory and Glory: Napoleon is a game of grand strategy and fast-play tactical battles where you take the role of Napoleon Bonaparte and attempt to dominate the entire continent of Europe.
klhbekool

RIP Lannes and Soult and few things.

Post by klhbekool »

I have played The 1805 Campaign at least 50 times and in all but one Lannes and Soult die in battle, not even keeping them with Napoleon helps. I know Lannes dies in 1809 but he doesn't make it past the first battle.

I must have bad luck because as soon as I enter Russia or Spain, I lose 4 to 6 units just being there. If i am dumb enough to stay in winter my army of 20 is now 8-12, no losses in battle but attrition and winter kill me.
I think 2 turns in before you start getting affected, if you lose 1/3 of your army just going in, it is like you brought no supplies.

I think when a countries capital is threatened the armies of that nation must head towards the capital or retreat. I have taken Vienna only to watch The Austrian Army move from Bavaria to Belgium, then the Liberate nation card is used. If your capital is being taken why are you liberating Belgium.

This one is annoying in my last 3 games I took Prussia and used the Prussia Prostrate card, only on the next turn defeat a Russian Army of 20, taking it to 4-6 strength retreat into Berlin and liberate Prussia.

I really enjoy this game but can any of these things be tweaked a bit.

Thanks
KLH
James Ward

RE: RIP Lannes and Soult and few things.

Post by James Ward »

You could take Russia in a year and not spend any time there in Winter but you needed cards. With the new surrender rules you might not do it if Russia does not surrender immediately. If you have Strategic move cards they are the best. If you don't have them then have a as many Force March cards as you hoard. Win the battles, take the capitals, hope for surrender then get the heck out of there!

If you have Corp d' Armee cards you can march in with big stacks then split them in winter to reduce the number of units you lose to attrition or you can even take a chance that the Allies won't move to attack in winter and split into a lot of small armies (1 unit each if you want)then recombine them all in Spring.
klhbekool

Post by klhbekool »

Thanks James, I will give that a try.
KLH
gdrover

Post by gdrover »

50 times? Holy Cow!

[&o][&o][&o][&o]

GMoney

Return to “Victory and Glory: Napoleon”