Weapon Release Authorization:

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

I1066

Weapon Release Authorization:

Post by I1066 »

I'm a bit confused on how the Weapon Release Authorization (WRA) works.

For each weapon there are four settings: Weapon per Salvo (WpS), Shooters per Salvo (SpS), Automatic Firing Range (AFR) and Self Defense (SD).

I had the setting my AMRAAMs to WpS = "Do not use" for slow, large non-fighter aircrafts, to conserve ammo since I didn't have that many of those.
Still, one of my fighters ended up shooting at a Boeing 737-200A Surveiller SLAMMR (#172) with an AMRAAM.

I left all the other WRA settings for the AMRAAM at their default values since I thought setting WpS to "Do not use" would prevent it to be used under any circumstances.

Am I missing something here?

Should it be enough to set WpS to "Do not use" or is there other settings that I need to set as well to prevent a weapon to be used at a specific target?

/H

Attachments
Weapon Rel..on (WRA).jpg
Weapon Rel..on (WRA).jpg (388.81 KiB) Viewed 231 times
michaelm75au

RE: Weapon Release Authorization:

Post by michaelm75au »

The Boeing 737-200A has an agility of 0.5 according to the my in-game DB viewer. So it is not covered by the lines you marked.
Michael
I1066

Post by I1066 »

So, how should I set the WRA to include the Boeing 737-200A?

ComDev

Post by ComDev »

IIRC, if it's not in the 'fine-grained categories' (fighter, recon, bomber) it uses 'Unspecified'.

http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=3598

"When firing a SM-2MR Blk IIIB against a contact identified as a MiG-29, the simulator will first check the WRA setting for a 4th Generation Fighter/Attack aircraft from unit level via group and mission to side level. If not defined at any of these levels, the simulator will check the ‘Unspecified’ category from unit to side level. The ‘Unspecified’ target type is always specified at side level, and is the last place the WRA looks."

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
I1066

Post by I1066 »

So unspecified = Default?
And then you can override the "default" for the more specific categories?

Why is there a lower limit on the agility on the "low performance Rec..."?
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Yeah it's default IIRC.

The specific ones are normally just inheriting the Unspecified settings.

The lower limit on low-perf recon isn't really a lower limit but rather it allows the player to 'up' the salvos against recon units that can do more than just fly in a straight line.

I1066

Post by I1066 »

Ok, but if there were no lower limit on agility, then the settings I had would include the Boeing 737-200A, right?

I was just thinking, if there is a special reason to not allow the low-perf recon agility to go all the way down to zero?
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

If the aircraft is of type 'recon', yes :)

The reason is that the recon types with lower agility are sitting ducks so no need to use extra ammo.

I1066

Post by I1066 »

Exactly, but now there is no way to tell to not use high value weapon against those targets...
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Yeah the A/A WRA is intended to allow more concentrated fire against 'non-baseline' high-priority / difficult targets.

What you want is to do exactly the opposite [8D]

If you only want your fighters to engage combat aircraft, you could try to set the 'Unspecified' category to 'Do not fire', and only enter wpn qty for 3/4/5th gen fighter/attack A/C.

Return to “Tech Support”